Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 09-25-2011, 11:56 PM   #1
McDizzel12
GX Member

McDizzel12 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to McDizzel12
Gauge cluster

So a few nights ago my gauge cluster just quit working...the nights still light up but the speed, rpm(s), heat, and gas gauge is all not working. I have had hid lights put in a few weeks ago and the bulbs in the gauge itself replaced. This is the first time I'e had a problem with this. Any help? Thanks!
"My God Bones. What have I done?"

McDizzel12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
plug came loose?... id defiantly pull it out and see if anything looks wrong... iv heard of people having their gauges go out like that before on our cars to though.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 09:49 PM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Nah, the Cluster's done. There's nothing to the board anymore, the lights that illuminate the cluster are just a separate circuit. The Cluster itself is Junk. I happen to have a mainboard laying around with 98,000 Miles on it, if you want it. let me know.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:53 PM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

I have a a board as well laying around. Nothin left of the enclosure though, and I think i lost a few of the 194 light sockets when I was experimenting... But it's in perfect shape. Came from an 02 with the 2.4, dint know any other details. They are all compatable right? Let me know if you want it, it would be cheap.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #5
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
I have a a board as well laying around. Nothin left of the enclosure though, and I think i lost a few of the 194 light sockets when I was experimenting... But it's in perfect shape. Came from an 02 with the 2.4, dint know any other details. They are all compatable right? Let me know if you want it, it would be cheap.

No. 99-01 and 02-04 Are interchangeable.

Also, Engines matter for the Temp Gauge Calibration.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:55 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Nevermind, just checked it, the only thing left is the board it's self and the prnd colum. About all the light holders are gone and he needore tore off... So it's about as bare as it gets. Check eBay and junk yards.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:57 PM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Nevermind, just checked it, the only thing left is the board it's self and the prnd colum. About all the light holders are gone and he needore tore off... So it's about as bare as it gets. Check eBay and junk yards.

All he needs is the mainboard, everything else swaps out. All i have is the board too, but i know mine works.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:02 PM   #8
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
All he needs is the mainboard, everything else swaps out. All i have is the board too, but i know mine works.

Ya, I'm not sure about mine, my original plan was put on all different LEDs on everything and a different miles display but it got put on hold and has been collecting dust. Not to mention inreally messed everything up trying to get the blue film off, that's a job. But sence his went out would it be better just go with a new set of needels with the board? Nice to know they aren't all interchangeable though... Anyone know what the deal with these going out on our car is?
Old 09-26-2011, 10:08 PM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Quote:
Ya, I'm not sure about mine, my original plan was put on all different LEDs on everything and a different miles display but it got put on hold and has been collecting dust. Not to mention inreally messed everything up trying to get the blue film off, that's a job. But sence his went out would it be better just go with a new set of needels with the board? Nice to know they aren't all interchangeable though... Anyone know what the deal with these going out on our car is?

Mine never died. my needle motor for my fuel died, so i got an entire new cluster. Mine's never quit, i still have my original board with 200,000 on it. i wasn't about to put a board with 112K less miles. talk about an ass if i try to sell it.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 PM   #10
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

I saw a guy on eBay trying to sell one with a lot more miles on it then that. Lol. It mighta just been one of things gm just didn't quite get right on our cars...
Old 09-27-2011, 12:55 AM   #11
McDizzel12
GX Member

Thanks for the pointers guys. I've looked over a lot of things but not enough bc now my car wont even start and I'm thinking its the computer acting up or is now shot.

Old 09-27-2011, 01:17 AM   #12
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Hmmm... That's... Strange.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:06 AM   #13
McDizzel12
GX Member

Yeah...Would it be bc of my HID lights i put in a few weeks ago?

Old 09-27-2011, 08:44 AM   #14
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

No. I have 55w high and lows and it's fine. All my lights in my cluster I replaced to LEDs and I put on overlays and I haven't had a problem. I don't see how the bids would really effect it
Old 09-27-2011, 12:50 PM   #15
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

When you say it won't start.... What's it doing?
Old 09-27-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
SIUlero
GL Member

SIUlero is on a distinguished road
Clean the grounds near the fuse panel in the driver's end of your dash...if they're corroded, even if you can't see it, it can cause all of that.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/CrazyOldsGuy
SIUlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
McDizzel12
GX Member

It turns over and just wont start. I'm kinda ruling out that its a battery or alternator bc it doesnt labor when i turn it over it just wont start. I'll have a look at that siulero.

Old 10-06-2011, 06:28 AM   #18
foxsdaddy67
GX Member

foxsdaddy67 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to foxsdaddy67
check your fuel pump relay. pull it out and tap it and put it back in. i had that problem a cpl of weeks ago
foxsdaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote