Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 08-24-2011, 02:54 AM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Which gauges?

Iv been wanting to his for a while and think that time has finally come. I'm looking into getting the 2 gauge pod thing from neverdoneusa. Probably paint it red. And I have the white face overlays with red LEDs in there right now. What would be the best gauges to ad in there? Preferably ones that won't be to hard to wire up and what not. Mine is a 2.2 auto btw. Help/opinions would be nice. I was kinda thinking oil pressure? Or temps for other things maybe?...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 09:41 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I found that the Autometer Ultra Lite II gauges match the gauge overlays that use factory lighting pretty damn close. Siler face during the day and black face with red needles at night.

As for which gauges? Def oil pressure for the one. The other you could do a voltmeter, trans temp, etc. Just don't buy a water temp gauge. Since you already have one, it's a waste of money

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 05:56 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Mk, so oil pressure. I'm guessing a voltammeter wouldn't be to hard to wire up, what all is involved for the oil and trans temp?...
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:35 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Well in electrical forum those gauges have wiring already wired into a plug that plugs into the back of the gauge. Makes it really easy.

Volt gauge will have 3 wires. A ground, lighting, and switched source which would be ing., the other gauges will have an extra wire for a sending unit. the ground is the ground for both the light and the gauge, others with the prongs on the back, there are two seperate grounds, but it's ok to connect them together and ground them in the same spot. I ground all my gauges to the same spot, this way either they all are grounded, or they are not. Lighting, same deal, I put all the lighing wires on one line, in the same connector butt, to the main lighting wire. Trust me it makes it SOOOO much easier, esp for service if necessary.

I get all my source form behind the radio in the Alero. The brown wire is for lighting and one of the yellow wires is for ign (other is for one of the speakers) You can use other wires, but it's easiest to get to these. Just gotta take on out the radio.

For oil sending unit, stop in Home Depot or Lowes and pick up a 1/8 all female "T" fitting and a male/male threaded 1/8 tube. Each they are like $2. Use teflon tape on all fittings and put the bottom of the T in the block and the oil pressure sending unit on one side and the stock unit on the other

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote