Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-20-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
TaurineMike
GX Member

TaurineMike is on a distinguished road
Deck question?

Hey guys I've been having a ton of trouble finding a deck template for my radio that fits just right in my alero. I can't seem to fit the radio in there just right. Any tips?
Edit: will post pictures later.

Mods in the making: 65mm Throttle body, B&M Shift Kit, Spyder3 hood scoop, HP Tuner??, Pacesetter Header, Magnaflow High Flow cat, and Catback Exhaust System

Unfortunately there is no misplacement for displacement.
TaurineMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
Where in wi are you?

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 11:55 AM   #3
TaurineMike
GX Member

Northwest. You know where Rice Lake is?
Edit: Jump on 53 North in Eau Claire and there I am. Since your right under Eau Claire.

Mods in the making: 65mm Throttle body, B&M Shift Kit, Spyder3 hood scoop, HP Tuner??, Pacesetter Header, Magnaflow High Flow cat, and Catback Exhaust System

Old 10-20-2011, 12:16 PM   #4
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Im in appleton actually

Old 10-20-2011, 12:17 PM   #5
TaurineMike
GX Member

Well shit come visit today lol!

Old 10-20-2011, 12:23 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Did you cut the back out? I had to cut some of the plastic in the back when I put in my first head unit.
Old 10-20-2011, 12:40 PM   #7
jawa
Powered by LX9

Gotta work today

Old 10-20-2011, 01:16 PM   #8
TaurineMike
GX Member

What do you mean cut the plastic out?

Old 10-20-2011, 01:55 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
There is a plastic brace in the back, and from what I understand inorder to fit aftermarket head units in these cars you have to remove enough so that it fits...on my first unit I had to cut a chunk out so that the radio would sit back far enough to put the screws in.
Old 10-20-2011, 02:06 PM   #10
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
There is a plastic brace in the back, and from what I understand inorder to fit aftermarket head units in these cars you have to remove enough so that it fits...on my first unit I had to cut a chunk out so that the radio would sit back far enough to put the screws in.

I really can't tell if the OP is referring to the front or back of an aftermarket head unit.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 02:12 PM   #11
TaurineMike
GX Member

Perhaps you can post a picture as to what your talking about? It would help me very much because its a bitch to get a radio in, let alone to get it in to where it looks nice.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:40 PM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzyzzx View Post
I really can't tell if the OP is referring to the front or back of an aftermarket head unit.
Honestly I assumed that he could find the right kit from Best Buy, Walmart,...etc and was talking about just the fittment, but then again we do have guys messing up color coded wire harnesses...lol!
Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #13
TaurineMike
GX Member

No i know what you mean about the plastic brace. It held the factory radio up. You cut that out you can get radio in more so it fits right.

Old 10-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Notice on either side that support bar is cut

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
Dash kit is the Metra part 99-2003. Buy it at best buy for $20, or online, or whatever.

And like they said, yes, there will be excess plastic behind the radio, that will hamper you from putting it in all the way. Get a dremel or whatever and cut the pocket bigger until you can slide the whole deal in.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:36 PM   #16
mfuller

Dumb question -
does a double-DIN deck like the following fit?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KWXR...0.html?tp=5684
Old 10-20-2011, 11:58 PM   #17
TaurineMike
GX Member

Thanks Jdubs for clarifying that. It was exactly what I was talking about. I wonder what the easiest way would be to take that out.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #18
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurineMike View Post
Thanks Jdubs for clarifying that. It was exactly what I was talking about. I wonder what the easiest way would be to take that out.
Heeeeyyyyyy there I don't get a thanks too.....lol!!
Old 10-21-2011, 03:17 PM   #19
TaurineMike
GX Member

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/386101...o-gls-sedan-4d (second picture down)
This is what it looks like IF you don't cut out that plastic piece in the back after installing it. (FYI this isnt a picture of me lol..)
Thank you loonie !!!

Last edited by TaurineMike : 10-21-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #20
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Ouch, looks like you cracked the fascia on the right?

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote