Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 09-08-2004, 11:10 AM   #21
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by kwicslvr+Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (kwicslvr @ Sep 7 2004, 04:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-|Rev|@Sep 7 2004, 01:31 PM
I think it may have something to do with my new FPR, I don't have a clue of what fuel pressure I am doing, it might be too high or too low, I dunno.
You have a FPR and no idea how to use it! :rolleyes: There's your first problem right there. Take it off. You don't run the mods to need that. Especially since you have no clue how to use uit and you have no idea what your AF ratio is right now. You could very well be running very lean right now or very rich. Either way, any one of those will eat your engine eventually! Leave the more experience required modifications to those that know what they are for and how to use them properly. If you don't know how than it shouldn't be done!!!!! issed: [/b][/quote]
i agree that is his first problem.

he doesn't have the gauge hooked up so he should not of installed it.

Rev the mods you are running does not require a FPR. It isn't going to help. but if not set properly it will hurt.

And a A/F gauge will not help him tune the fpr. Only a wideband will help in tuning his car.
Old 09-08-2004, 12:47 PM   #22
Daytona
ALEROMOD RAPIST

Daytona is on a distinguished road
I would suggest then calling the manufacturer and see if they can email/mail/verbally instruct you on how to hook it up on the 4.
Daytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
you have to cut the fuel line and put the T in. the dierections are different but the purpose and what our trying to accomplish is the same. you just have to apply it to the 2.4 that has a different setup but still have a fuel line.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:42 PM   #24
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by sc/alero@Sep 7 2004, 08:40 PM
hey rev give me a call this weekend and we can see if we can get it set. i have to come to longmont anyways to see my buddy at hajak to get my hazard switch fixed. we can take a lot at it and see what we can do to make it a little better
hey chickenf***ers give me a call to, we can make it a little get together.....rev you still got my cell #?
Old 09-08-2004, 03:17 PM   #25
sc/alero

Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy+Sep 8 2004, 11:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (99Alero_Boy @ Sep 8 2004, 11:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sc/alero@Sep 7 2004, 08:40 PM
hey rev give me a call this weekend and we can see if we can get it set. i have to come to longmont anyways to see my buddy at hajak to get my hazard switch fixed. we can take a lot at it and see what we can do to make it a little better
hey chickenf***ers give me a call to, we can make it a little get together.....rev you still got my cell #? [/b][/quote]
damn dude relax hehehe i was moving this weekend sorry i meant to call but i couldn't get my puter back up and running. i am heading to longmont in the am to shoo the crap with my buddy up there. you are more than welcome to come along either driving or riding. give me a call and let me know whats up. also the is a race this fri night at bandimeier as well the other s/c alero will be there as well if you would like to join in the fun any way 303-257-4106 is my cell
Old 09-09-2004, 09:14 PM   #26
bigd6983

not to take this off topic......but silent your lady is freakin gorgeous, but yeah anyway lol........19's is way too slow.....you may need to check something......
Old 09-10-2004, 09:42 PM   #27
|Rev|

SC, I will give u a call in the morning, u still want to help me out? I get off work at noon 30, so if we could hook up after that, that would be sweet. And 99Alero_Boy, if you want to come down to Longmont, you can, I don't know how far of a drive it is though..
Old 09-11-2004, 09:39 AM   #28
kwicslvr

The point of my post was to mark the seriousness of your mistake. I've seen more than one grand prix blow it's engine and or burn to the ground due to an improperly installed FPR. Do I know how to install and tune one. Yes, I did it all the time in the GP community. FPR's are serious business and can be extremely dangerous if not properly done.
Old 09-11-2004, 01:46 PM   #29
bigd6983

still man, no need to trip out like that......he didnt say anything rude to you so theres no need to say anything like that 2 him.......just chill
Old 09-11-2004, 07:04 PM   #30
|Rev|

so do you guys really think I should just take it off, and put the stock one back on?
Old 09-11-2004, 08:36 PM   #31
Oldsman
Owner

i say yes.

if you do a p&p head, cams or FI then you will need it.
Old 09-12-2004, 02:04 AM   #32
|Rev|

alright, I will uninstall it within the next few days, and probably sell it for money towards my TB... So anyone want to make me an offer, I bought the whole kit, which includes the FPR, the gauge, and the T addapter so you can hook up the gauge costed me 189.99, alltogether, 200 somethin bucks, I will sell the whole thing for 150 plus shipping, if anyone is interested pm me, or email me at SKiierPyle@gmail.com
Old 09-12-2004, 10:05 PM   #33
|Rev|

jk scratch that, I'm not selling it.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:14 PM   #34
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
hey man, i have a stock throttle body i will sell you cheap then any good machine shop should be able to port it properly to whatever you want.....
Old 09-12-2004, 10:26 PM   #35
Oldsman
Owner

he has the 2.4 unless that is what TB you got.
Old 09-12-2004, 10:26 PM   #36
|Rev|

will that be cheaper than buying RSM's 62MM TB?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:29 PM   #37
Oldsman
Owner

i would not buy a 62mm for a N/A motor. go with 56 to 59mm
Old 09-12-2004, 10:35 PM   #38
|Rev|

even though I plan on FI?
Old 09-12-2004, 10:36 PM   #39
Oldsman
Owner

depends on how much FI you plan on using. 62mm is better for FI but not the best for N/A
Old 09-12-2004, 10:47 PM   #40
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Sep 12 2004, 08:26 PM
he has the 2.4 unless that is what TB you got.
never mind, forgot that for a second....