Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 01-02-2004, 03:18 PM   #21
Silverknight

Here's the proof

Old 01-02-2004, 03:51 PM   #22
Alerosince99

Nice slip. Do you know by any chance what the car was weighing? Seems like you may have been able to drop some significant weight.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:32 PM   #23
dopey

isnt 1 american second equal to like .75 canadian second???? maybe thats how he has that time.

still find it hard to believe..... slip or not.
Old 01-02-2004, 04:35 PM   #24
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
u sure that 16.1 run isn't urs???? that sounds a lil more like what u'd be runnin
Old 01-02-2004, 04:41 PM   #25
dopey

Quote:
Originally posted by Skiboarder311@Jan 2 2004, 04:35 PM
u sure that 16.1 run isn't urs???? that sounds a lil more like what u'd be runnin
ding ding ding........ i think ski wins the prize for uncovering the truth on this little debate.

im wiht him...... i think his time is 16.1
Old 01-02-2004, 05:01 PM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
not with the NX but without that looks about damn right.
Old 01-02-2004, 07:57 PM   #27
Silverknight

I don't understand you guys, I've shown u the proof and u still don't believe me, the 16.1 run is actually my friends car. (a D16 civic with some work). If u all still don't believe me then next time I go to the track I'll bring my camera and get my friend to film while I'll pull a low 14 second run again. And as is I think my car weighs about 2800 lbs. I really couldn't tell u though cause I've never weighed it before. But like I said, I removed the back seats, spare tire, I have a lighter battery. Plus I myself only weigh 130 lbs. Also if u didn't hear me before I said "The first time I took my car to the track it was COMPLETELY STOCK and I pulled a 15.73 at 89 MPH!" My car has NEVER been in the 16's
Old 01-02-2004, 08:03 PM   #28
dopey

im sorry there is just no way a 2.4 5speed would run 15.73 completely stock. there is jsut no f'ing way man.
Old 01-02-2004, 08:29 PM   #29
StockAlero00
Hypnotized

StockAlero00 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to StockAlero00
hmm my best time to date is during the weekends, when i'm not working. Therefore I can do more things and stay out longer!

Old 01-02-2004, 09:01 PM   #30
Skiboarder311
GLS member

Skiboarder311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Skiboarder311
yeah i'm with sweet dood.

We weren't born yesterday and some of us know alero's inside and out. And there are some supercharged 3400 GA's that are just barely in the low 14's.

So either ur thinkin u can pulla fast one on us, or u are horribly mistaken with how big of a nitrous jet that u have.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:52 AM   #31
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
your car would have to weigh the same as a cav in order to do what you say.

if it does then great but that would make you the only one able to do so with a 2.4 5 spd. so this is why it is hard to believe

but hey, a vid would be great just to prove the 2.4 can hang.
Old 01-03-2004, 12:56 AM   #32
Silverknight

god damn, u guys don't think I know my car inside and out either? I'm not some noob to Aleros or engines for that matter. I'll bring my car to the track as soon as it opens with canadian tire LXRs on all four wheels, no nitrous and a FULLY STOCK INTAKE and FILM IT and PROVE that my car can pull a 15.7 out of a FULLY STOCK MOTOR
Old 01-03-2004, 01:00 AM   #33
Silverknight

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Jan 3 2004, 05:52 AM
your car would have to weigh the same as a cav in order to do what you say.

if it does then great but that would make you the only one able to do so with a 2.4 5 spd. so this is why it is hard to believe

but hey, a vid would be great just to prove the 2.4 can hang.
I will film as soon as the track opens in april, I'll do a vid of the engine then close the hood, take her on to the strip and fire it up. issed: ohh and if anyone wants to talk to me or see pics of the car the hit me up at dvddxr3@hotmail.com
Old 01-03-2004, 01:01 AM   #34
Oldsman
Owner

like i said it has never been done. not saying it can't but being that you would be the first makes it hard to believe
Old 01-03-2004, 01:03 AM   #35
fiestyalerogirl81

Wow, calm down guys, silver just get a video and prove it. All there is too it. Actually boys keep fighting i'm enjoying this.
Old 01-03-2004, 01:06 AM   #36
Oldsman
Owner

you would

stockalero..............weekends sound good............lol
Old 01-03-2004, 01:06 AM   #37
Silverknight

Quote:
Originally posted by Oldsman@Jan 3 2004, 06:01 AM
like i said it has never been done. not saying it can't but being that you would be the first makes it hard to believe
I'll make a believer out of u guys yet. I'll let u know when the link to the vid is up, untill then u can entertain your selves with this little vid of why I had to get a new clutch http://www.selleasier.com/AleroBURN.wmv Enjoy!

(IF u love Aleros as much as I do then this should be like nails on a chalk board for u too)
Old 01-03-2004, 10:23 AM   #38
Alerosince99

Im not sure why you dont understand why people would be skeptical.

You dyno with the bottle at 174 There is a ga with an sc that dynod at 236 and he is running about 14.3-.5. That is about 60 hp differance but you are running the same ets.

Im not gonna say you didnt do it but you have to understand why people would be skeptical.

You would have to be weighing about 5-600 pounds less than him to be running a comparable et. Which this is a possibility.
Old 01-03-2004, 11:34 AM   #39
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
how must was the clutch to replace?
Molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2004, 12:17 PM   #40
Silverknight

It was free, I'm friends with the guy who owns the dealership where I got my car. Plus she's still under full factory warranty. (They don't know about any mods to the car because everytime I take it to the shop I remove everything) which isn't really that much but still...