Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-18-2005, 12:22 PM   #1
Nik1128

So, I believe I blew out a fuse the other day, the fuse that is for the power wire that goes to my system, it better be a fuse 'cause I have tried everything else and it hasn't worked...

What I am wondering is; are there any stores that carry AGU 80 amp fuses? Like auto part stores? I've checked Autozone and Advance Auto, but neither carries large enough fuses... I don't really want to pay $7 for shipping and handling when the fuses cost $7 themselves... There aren't any audio sound system stores in Albert Lea, MN... I dunno if there are in Austin or Owatonna (the two closest good sized towns around me)

Does best buy carry fuses? There is a Best Buy about 45 miles away from me... and driving 90 miles is still cheaper than paying $7 for S&H. (By about $.25... but w/e.)
Old 10-18-2005, 12:38 PM   #2
jamcllw
GLS member

jamcllw is an unknown quantity at this point
Best Buy carries AGU fuses but I highly doubt they carry 80 amps. Your best bet is to find a sound shop in your area. Parts Express sells AGUs cheap but I doubt they carry 80 amp ones.
jamcllw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:49 PM   #3
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Hardware store I can Gaurantee you can find a fuse like that in a hardware store.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 12:51 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i was going to say radioshack, but your in CA, and shack doesn't carry 80's. hmm...

maybe check www.froogle.com they usually help search quicker.
Old 10-18-2005, 01:08 PM   #5
wy3134

i dont know if circuit city is around u, but they carry those large fuses, hell when i bought a power kit they gave me like 4 different fuses for free
Old 10-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #6
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
VTolds a hardware store will not have car audio fuses. best buy might have some, but you might have to pay the shipping or find an audion shop nearby.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:19 PM   #7
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
get rid of that fuse all together............ espically if the amp has fuses in it there is not need for an inline fuse.

people will tell u its a safter precaution blah blah blah........ have u ever heard of a car catchin fire or something cuase it didnt have an inline fuse for the amp?

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:34 PM   #8
wy3134

Quote:
Originally posted by 2Sweet@Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM
get rid of that fuse all together............ espically if the amp has fuses in it there is not need for an inline fuse.

people will tell u its a safter precaution blah blah blah........ have u ever heard of a car catchin fire or something cuase it didnt have an inline fuse for the amp?

fuses are there for one reason, not fire and all that, but to protect your equipment against a power surge....and there are plenty of instances where cars caught fire because retards didnt have inline fuses on their systems, or at least things were melted.....

figures...your a newbie making that comment....
Old 10-18-2005, 08:41 PM   #9
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
Quote:
Originally posted by alerored04@Oct 18 2005, 07:18 PM
VTolds a hardware store will not have car audio fuses. best buy might have some, but you might have to pay the shipping or find an audion shop nearby.

If I can walk from my work to a hardware store a pick up a fuse big enough to run are hydrolick lift then I bet he can pick up what he needs at a hardware store.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 08:42 PM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
uh.. yeah. i'm not worried about a fire. i got a 60A fuse where my amp only has 2 25's. what happens when it gets a huge surge for whatever reason? those 25's aren't gonna do poop!
Old 10-18-2005, 08:43 PM   #11
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by wy3134+Oct 18 2005, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wy3134 @ Oct 18 2005, 07:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2Sweet@Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM

fuses are there for one reason, not fire and all that, but to protect your equipment against a power surge....and there are plenty of instances where cars caught fire because retards didnt have inline fuses on their systems, or at least things were melted.....

[/b][/quote]

lol, think before posting ppl. There have been instances of cars catching fire but that's usually because theyre retarded in the first place and run a power wire through the door jam or something stupid like that with no fuse. now that is a bad idea. if everything is done properly you shouldnt need an inline fuse. but as an "x-installer" i always put fuses in customers cars.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:47 PM   #12
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by wy3134+Oct 18 2005, 07:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wy3134 @ Oct 18 2005, 07:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-2Sweet@Oct 19 2005, 12:19 AM

[/b][/quote]

sorry im a newbie........ still tryin to learn

SweetNLow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #13
Nik1128

Thanks guys.

I went to the hardware store and they didn't have aything close to that size of fuse...

I now don't think it is the fuse, I initially thought it was because there is a little spec of yellowish liquid on the inside of the glass.. do you think it is the fuse?

How ever, my amp is getting power because when I unplug the ground wire the little red LED on the amp, that signifies overheating or trouble, iluminates... so, I am thinking it is the remote turn on lead.... I checked all my connections, and they're all fine.... what do you guys think it is? My deck?

My amp is a Power Accoustik Plasma Sphere 1920 amp. It's in Mono mode.

I am considering replacing the remote turn on lead... would regular speaker wire work for this? (I would assume so.)
Old 10-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #14
Nik1128

Nevermind that post^

I disconnected the fuse holder and hooked the two power cable ends up and the amp turned on... So it is the fuse.

I have one more place I will look at for the fuse tomorrow... if they don't have it then I'll just order it off the net.

Thanks for all the help, guys. Much appreciated.
Old 10-19-2005, 12:48 AM   #15
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
best buy should have em
Old 10-21-2005, 03:31 PM   #16
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
check ebay, you can get new in box fuses for fairly cheap im sure.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote