Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 PM   #61
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
there's nothing wrong with rice rockets! they're great pieces of engineering and you can do a lot with them. i would love to have a souped up prelude or an infinity (which can be luxuriously ricey). not that i would put a park bench on it or some nancyboy fart can (no offense to the nancyboy members). i'm proud to have an american car, but when it comes down to it, a car's a car, faster is better, looks are important, being distinctive is as well, and we all hate the fast and the furious.

anybody here like ducatis?
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:37 PM   #62
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i prefer MV Agusta.....
Old 10-28-2008, 10:57 PM   #63
darksobsession
GL Member

getting a ducati is realistic, owning an mv is not.
Old 10-28-2008, 11:57 PM   #64
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
I nearly got hit by a Ducati when I went to Italy, and I have a Puma Ducati Jacket, but I sooner own a Harley. and dude with the stupid street racing video Nitrous is called laughing gas cause it makes people like me laugh at people that use it invain (such as yourself) so use it properly and not on a stock engine and defiantly, defiantly not on the street.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:08 AM   #65
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
so to sum up this thread for the people who didnt read it..
guy joins in march.. posts first thread today which happens to be about him having nos on a stock engine and a vid of him racing.. people rightfully tell him hes retarded and to gtfo.. after 3 pages he gets upset and finally got the eff out... everyone was happy and relieved. :]
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:28 AM   #66
darksobsession
GL Member

did he win the 3rd match? he lost on the first and won on the second, i couldn't watch, it was terrible.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:35 AM   #67
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
1st off its a popularity contest on this forum.

2nd street racing IS wrong but man its FUN and girls LOVE IT!

3rd there is totally nothing wrong with hondas, they can be made into a beast. I've lost a couple times to some integras and civics with the built DOHC B-series.

And last and my final gear, why hate? Why not educate? Guess we are just not in that scene thus is why we hate.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:49 AM   #68
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_420a View Post
I hate civics and that n/a is light as hell and has a built B-series motor.. he SHOULD have beat me by like 3 cars...

LOL, reminds me of that episode of Pinks with the dude in the civic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_420a View Post
fyi 420a is a motor that im building to race.. its a non turbo DSM...

You mean the neon engine?
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 12:59 AM   #69
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
LOL, reminds me of that episode of Pinks with the dude in the civic.

I had to dig that up for old times sake.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=71289

Quote:
So I wanted to get to the bottom of what "REALLY" happened on this now infamous PINKS episode. I spent a good FOUR HOURS reading through all of these threads and various stories trying to de-spin all the spin and pick through all the lies. Basically what it came down to was this.

Jeff Gilbert who owned the TA said he wanted to go on PINKS and run an import because he hates ricers and wanted to run one. Jon who owned the Civic wanted to go on PINKS and run a domestic. Jon the Civic owner told PINKS that his Civic would run 10.5. So the PINKS producer told Jeff Gilbert and his tuner Jeff Creech to bring a mid-10 car. So the TA guys setup the car and tuned it for mid-10's, and they won the LS1Tech shootout in the 10.50 index class sometime before the show which the PINKS guys saw so they knew it was consistent.

Meanwhile Jon is trying to get his Civic ready and was going to borrow some race parts (race axles, LSD tranny, etc) from a pro driver but he took his car back too soon so the guy with the parts was never able to put them on the car. I read A LOT, but apparently Jon called the PINKS producers and told him the car was not going to be able to run 10's, more like 11's. They couldn't run slicks on the stock axles and 6xx bhp because it could grenade the axles on the first run. So the PINKS producer told them to run on street tires the first run and see what happened. Hence not running on slicks from the get go.

So then the PINKS producers call Jeff & Jeff back and tell them that they need to de-tune their car because at 10.5 they were basically going to blow the Civic right out of the water and it wouldn't make for good TV. So they basically retarded the snot out of the timing and richened the mixture, and then on the dyno the headers were glowing red hot and you could actually start to see through them! Holy crap! LOL. So that slowed it down to the mid-11 range, and if the Honda guys were sandbagging they could switch the tune and put the timing back during the racing if needed.

Basically the Civic guys were a bunch of street racers with an "undefeated" car on the streets, but they were totally unprepared for the track, they had never even driven the car at a 1/4 mile track before, and here they are going on a PINKS episode without having the car tested and verified and properly setup for a real race at all. Compare this to the TA guys who were semi/full-professional in every respect, had the car dyno tuned, and verified at the strip time and time again. Both of the cars were fully mid-10 capable, but the difference was the TEAMWORK of the TA guys. As Jeff Creech said, the tuner of the the TA, "they brought a knife to a gunfight[/i]"

For the play-by-play, read on the Carolina Auto Masters site, but after the race Jon with the Civic broke down and cried and apparently they had to take him to the hospital that night. Jeff ran the Civic down the track after taking it from him and came back pale as a ghost because he said that thing was quick as hell and definitely a mid-10 (10.3) car but that the kid just couldn't drive or launch. He said he definitely could have lost his TA just as easily as he won the Civic. Anyways, I guess he felt bad for Jon since he was so broken up, and plus Jon's daddy said he would buy him a Z06 if he couldn't get his Civic back so Jeff sold it back to the kid for $1000 like 2 days later after playing with it on the dyno, and putting Carolina Auto Masters stickers and a few other stickers on it. Oh and he kept both of his bumpers as souvineers. They had a buzzsaw right at the track because if they won the car they said they were going to hack off the big wing right on the cameras but unfortunately they car wasn't riced out.

If you read the honda-tech thread, a lot of people are giving him props for having balls and that's the kid's main defense. But a few others call it IGNORNACE which I would tend to agree with. You don't just take a completely unprepared car that has the power to potentially run 10's without testing it and tuning it and making sure it can do 10 sec passes reliably, and then tell PINKS producers that and run it on the show for pinks. Basically Jon is a retard, no the show was not rigged, the TA guys detuned and still won, and made asses out of the import community thanks to this guy who was talking the talk but not walking the walk. Oh and the "cut" boost line? It got cut because they had it running through the hood latch, and apparently the line moved enough to sheer by itself. The trans did blow out 2nd gear for real, and Honda Jon admitted to lying about losing 3rd. When Jeff took the Civic down the track he said he hit all 4 gears without a problem. The tranny shop for the TA (ATI) told them not to overdo using the transbrake because it would cook 2nd gear. So when they were counting out the 20 friggin lengths for the civic and he was sitting on the transbrake that's when they lost 2nd gear, lol.

This is what the car will do in full tune....

The videos.camaroz28 link above +

and Dyno: 746 rwhp, 821 rwtq

In that video above, the car ran a 9.58 @ 143. The tranny shop (ATI) got his trans back together in like 2 days and this was just after that. They were tuning it again trying to "unscrew" it after PINKS. The car will yank a 1.3 60' and they're going for 8's this season on the stock ECU and intake manifold!

Cliffs:

- Honda Jon told PINKs his car would run 10.5 when it would not.
- TA Jeff/Jeff brought a 10.5 car to go up against a "10.5" civic, so they brought exactly what Pinks told them to.
- the only "rigging" was to detune the TA so as to not make this kid look like nearly the douche he was
- the Civic had never been run at the track before (STUPID)
- his "crew" was just a bunch of street racers who knew nothing, not professional at all, VS
- Jeff/Jeff TA team, which was semi/full-professional.
- the kid broke down and cried after Jeff took his Civic down the track
- Jeff was pale as a ghost, because the car was definitely 10's capable, the kid just couldn't drive.
- They could have lost the TA just as easily as they had won the Civic.
- Sold the Civic back to the kid for $1000 because otherwise daddy would have bought him a Z06
- They stickered the car up though, played with it on the dyno, and kept his bumpers as souviners.
- import scene's rep takes a huge hit thanks to this retard, and many others like him
- domestic guys have had their day in court vs imports and won.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #70
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post

3rd there is totally nothing wrong with hondas, they can be made into a beast. I've lost a couple times to some integras and civics with the built DOHC B-series.

And last and my final gear, why hate? Why not educate? Guess we are just not in that scene thus is why we hate.
I agree, this guy seemed to be hoped up on Mountaindew and pop rocks, and watched too much Fast and Furious. It seemed to me like all that was needed, was to tell him that you don’t appreciate street racing on here and take it someplace ells, and give him guidance (cause he defiantly needed that) Ricer-ism is contagious to the un-learned, so we must take it upon ourselves, to teach these people who have been plagued with Ricer-ism. And try to at least reduce the amount of rice on here and ells where.
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:47 AM   #71
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post

you forgot to add, that its a great way for the winners to prove, they have a giant penis...
Old 10-29-2008, 09:19 AM   #72
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
what about winning some decent cold hard cash from unsuspecting v8s?
Old 10-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #73
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
what about winning some decent cold hard cash from unsuspecting v8s?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 PM   #74
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
how has this not been locked yet?
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 01:49 PM   #75
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad99Olds View Post
how has this not been locked yet?

cause a moderator didnt push the lock button
Old 10-29-2008, 02:04 PM   #76
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
where are the moderators?? on vacation!?
an orgy of offtopic-ness has swept aleromod! WHO CAN SAVE US FROM THE IDIOCY!?!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #77
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
where are the moderators?? on vacation!?
an orgy of offtopic-ness has swept aleromod! WHO CAN SAVE US FROM THE IDIOCY!?!

hahaha threr have been a fload a pointless threds with no stopage. Its anarchy arround here
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:23 PM   #78
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
so you're someone that thinks nitrous makes everything the fastest? try lining up against a modded V6 on here or one of our turbo or s\c members. that i would like to see.

[talk_shit]
Sorry, I'm busywhipping some other kinds of ass right at the moment. But pencil me in for sometime shortly after October 2009 when I return. I'm game, but don't come half-stepping with some high-12's bullshit. When I get back, I expect there to be at least two or more aleros in the low 12's by then to inspire me.
[/shit-talking]

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:22 PM   #79
kwhauck
2Screwy

i'm trying!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 08:13 AM   #80
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i'm trying!!!

well, I believe in you....now get your ass in gear

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote