Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-04-2011, 05:12 AM   #61
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
sleepy you only notice the hot spots vs reg bulbs more. they are always there its how people use the light to be aimed ( when cars don't have the level like the alero does )
Old 03-04-2011, 02:40 PM   #62
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
30000k.....ur gonna go with either 8000k or 30000k? LOL....dude....your visibility is gonna SUCK...the higher you go the less light output plus 30 is just ridiculous. You WILL end up liking your girlfriends set better cause they are better

That's possible i will, but then again i got a buddy that has an 88 supra with 30000k's and they aren't that bad i actually love them..... only problem too purple for me, but your right i will like the 8000k's better....damn i hate being wrong but then again that's what life if full of right and wrong choices and getting other peoples oppinions

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 07:45 PM   #63
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Rob you're right I agree just wish I could get rid of it but plan on doing projectors when I got money
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2011, 04:50 PM   #64
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Ok, so I put my Silverstar's back in for the time being and things are still strange. The driver's side low-beam (the one I was having problems with the HIDs) only lights up to 50%. The other side is completely fine and lights up normally.

I still have the DRL's lit up when the auto-lights kick in AND when I manually turn them on.

I went to my local advanced autoparts and ran a code-test since my SVS light still lights up when the auto-lights are on. I didn't get any code whatsoever. The guy at advanced said I might have a bad ground running to my low.

Any input?? I'm not that great at electrical troubleshooting so if a bad ground is the case... what should I do?

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 02:10 AM   #65
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Sounds like either a bad ground or a burned out fuse.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:23 AM   #66
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Wow idk why my dumbass didn't think of that. Checked it this morning and sure enough #51 was blown. Thanks!

Done lost my mind
Old 03-12-2011, 04:55 PM   #67
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
just ordered the DDM slim kit a couple weeks ago, and is now being shipped. Love HID's!
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 10:03 PM   #68
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
Ddm took about a week to process my order but shipped Friday should be here by Wednesday and hopefully hey will be better than what I'm currently using

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #69
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

All in all I found out I had a messed up ballast that kept blowing the fuse. Went to the UPS store to send it away and it was $19!!! So I said eff that and didn't want to even bother with USPS. Just ended up ordering a new slim ballast kit with dual in/out. Also, ddm doesn't offer the raptor kit anymore? maybe they were having too many issues with em

Done lost my mind
Old 03-15-2011, 08:07 PM   #70
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
DDM is bringing them back i clicked like on their facebook they said they are bringing them back, and something about starting to shipping them from China IDK i'll look it up and post what they said.....

DDM Raptor 35W: Expected back in stock in USA on about March 20-25. Its hard to say due to customs.

DDM 55W: We are shipping in more this week. I have no idea how long it will take to get them from the other side of the country. I suspe...ct 10 days total

Long term: We are not bringing a lot more kits into the USA due to customs issues. We are putting together about 300,000 kits in CHina to ship from fulfillment centers where labor is cheaper by far, readily available, I don't have to deal with a warehouse that is too full to take another person and there is almost no parts leadtime. Interestingly, the shipping from CHina costs just almost exactly the same as shipping inside the USA. Except it will get out much faster. Its probably going to mean the death of overnight or 2-3 day shipping methods though. There's a limit to whats possible from 6700 miles away.

So, what this all means in a nutshell is, all kits will soon be available again although they will ship direct from the factories.

You should get your shipments about 7 days faster but express shipping will go away at some point.

The website is being redone now, as we speak to deal with this new shipping reality. The changes to the user will be that you may not be able to put HID and other items on the same order as things that have no customs issues will ship from... America and those that do have customs issues will ship from overseas.

Eventually this is also how warranties will work. You will return the parts to the USA locations and they will ship a replacement(s) from the factory.

Directly from their facebook status update, from last

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 08:31 PM   #71
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

Dang, that's some shit.... idk how i feel about all this...

Done lost my mind
Old 03-15-2011, 09:14 PM   #72
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
They are going through a transition, and since HID kits are technically illegal here, customs gives them a lot of issues.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #73
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

This is straight from my confirmation email:

"Thank you very much for your recent order.

As you may have noticed from our website, we recently received the DDM Slim HID Kits. All orders with Overnight, 2day, or 3day shipping should be delivered within a week. The shipping times for all other orders is 2-3 weeks. We sincerely apologize for the delay in processing your order. We appreciate your patience and for your having chosen DDM Tuning.

Sincerely, DDM Tuning"

Wow. 2-3 weeks? Good thing I'm in no rush

Done lost my mind
Old 03-16-2011, 12:22 PM   #74
RisenequinoX
GL Member

yeah, fedex says they should be here today but im not complaining i ordered them on the second so 2 weeks exactly. i just hope they are better than the current ones i am using! maybe i will get around to it tonight...

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #75
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

They are going through changing up the way they do things... They have recently grown quite a bit and can't handle the amount of orders they are getting, but they are fixing it. Just give them time. Mine should be in this week.
Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #76
RisenequinoX
GL Member

I got mine installed today, are the slim ballasts supposed to buzz or humm loudly when they first turn on then go to a softer buzz? that can get annoying i might switch back to the JLM, lol plus these were a pain in the ass to install compared to the other ones..

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-16-2011, 07:11 PM   #77
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

I'd give them a chance... I mean they have a lifetime warranty.....
Old 03-16-2011, 07:13 PM   #78
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenequinoX View Post
I got mine installed today, are the slim ballasts supposed to buzz or humm loudly when they first turn on then go to a softer buzz? that can get annoying i might switch back to the JLM, lol plus these were a pain in the ass to install compared to the other ones..

Mine do that for about 5-8 seconds then it goes away. Doesn't bother me.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #79
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
you never hear it when your in the car anyways, its only if you have the hood open.

last set I ordered took 4 weeks to get to me
Old 03-17-2011, 12:50 AM   #80
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Mine do that for about 5-8 seconds then it goes away. Doesn't bother me.

Yeah, even OEM ones do that.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote