Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-17-2011, 12:52 AM   #81
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
It's probably just the time when the bulb starts up and warms up. I wouldn't worry about it. Do you have pictures of how you mounted them?
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:31 AM   #82
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
It's probably just the time when the bulb starts up and warms up. I wouldn't worry about it. Do you have pictures of how you mounted them?

yeah it is, and are you asking me about how i mounted them? if so i can get pics of that tomorrow.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 AM   #83
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
yeah. Just curious as to how you mounted them and where you mounted them.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:09 AM   #84
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
alright cav, ill take pics of the L/R ballast's tomorrow during or after work, pics will be up anywhere between 11am-4pm our time.

the ddm slim kit came with the 3M double sided tape, so i just used that to mount.

Pics tomorrow. or i should say.... later today its 3 am lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:16 AM   #85
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Cool. I'm excited to get this kit!!! I loved the look of the 8k lights.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:20 AM   #86
sleepyalero
GLS member

did you see pics of mine?

i love the 8ks too, not to blue and not to white.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 09:56 AM   #87
sleepyalero
GLS member

Here u go cav60 this is with the lights on .. took awhile back. Bout to get some pics of the ballasts. They will be up soon.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:51 AM   #88
sleepyalero
GLS member

Here's the driver side. Below the highbeam part of the headlight mounted on the plastic.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:53 AM   #89
sleepyalero
GLS member

Passanger side. On plastic basically behind The turn signal part of headlight.

Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:09 AM   #90
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Thanks man! I'll probably put them in the same spot... I wasn't to thrilled letting my last kit just dangle off a small piece of metal.
Old 03-17-2011, 11:27 AM   #91
sleepyalero
GLS member

No problem. Yeah it comes with 2 squares of 3M tape that's double sided. I didn't feel like rigging something up so I just mounted em with the tape. VERY STRONG.

Basically anywhere that the wires will reach and ballast is out of the way of The headlight will do fine
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 11:40 AM   #92
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
mine didnt come with any tape... ill put pictures up here in a lil for you to see

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:18 PM   #93
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Drivers Side

Passengers Side

This is all that it came with

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 12:22 PM   #94
sleepyalero
GLS member

Plastic bag that comes with it should have had zip ties and 2 pieces of tape (white sqaures.) Looks like its there next to the ballast in the box. Oh wait that's cardboard Hahaha my mistake.

...did you mount the driver ballast on your radiator fans???
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 12:27 PM   #95
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Plastic bag that comes with it should have had zip ties and 2 pieces of tape (white sqaures.) Looks like its there next to the ballast in the box. Oh wait that's cardboard Hahaha my mistake.

...did you mount the driver ballast on your radiator fans???

i did it above it there, i looked all around where i "Pre-Mounted" it there and didnt see why i couldn't, its not interfering with anything and its there for quick access.

I didnt get a back i just had some zipties that were tiewrapped in one of those trash bag ties

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 12:42 PM   #96
sleepyalero
GLS member

Hmm weird. I do like the thought of quick access but u really don't have to mess with them that much. (Atleast I dont). That's why mine are hidden.

I haven't messed with my kit since I installed it.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 01:00 PM   #97
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Quote:
Hmm weird. I do like the thought of quick access but u really don't have to mess with them that much. (Atleast I dont). That's why mine are hidden.

I haven't messed with my kit since I installed it.

i never know with my car what it will do next lol.

But its not really on the fan itself just the fin that is above it.

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #98
sleepyalero
GLS member

Oh okay. I like my alero. I really don't want to get rid of it. Lol its very reliable. But it really depends on the owner/ previous owners on how it was treated and if it got its regular matinence done.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 01:21 PM   #99
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Quote:
Oh okay. I like my alero. I really don't want to get rid of it. Lol its very reliable. But it really depends on the owner/ previous owners on how it was treated and if it got its regular matinence done.

For sure i try and take care of mine to the best of my ability. I will probably drive this thing to the ground.

Back on the subject though, im thinking about eventually getting HID's in my fogs and brights. good idea? i will have fun mounting alot of wires

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 01:34 PM   #100
sleepyalero
GLS member

HIDs only come in either a low beam bulb or a bi xenon bulb. Which is hi beam and low beam in one bulb. So you really can't just have a high beam HID.

Fog lights are optional. Unlike me. I hit a raccoon and broke the driver fog light so I just got led strips and put them as fogs. (As you see in pic above)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: