Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 12-13-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i am thinking about doing SCCA event here in denver next year....any advice from you current drivers? experiences? concerns since my car is fully molded?
Old 01-13-2005, 12:30 PM   #2
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
Quote:
Originally posted by 99Alero_Boy@Dec 13 2004, 01:58 PM
i am thinking about doing SCCA event here in denver next year....any advice from you current drivers? experiences? concerns since my car is fully molded?
i've been involved with SCCA solo2 racing a.k.a autocross for 3 years now, it's very fun. i'd do it if i were you B)
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:35 PM   #3
flalero

If you didn't have the kit, I would say go for it. Since you put all of the work into the body, I wouldn't do it. There could be many factors that could mess up the body. You could hit a cone in an autocross, you could run over a overrun strip on a road course, you could hit a serious bump at high speed on a road course, you could have stones thrown up, and not to mention, you would have to look out for other drivers (if you are racing in a series where it's head to head racing).

Oh, and are you racing at Second Creek or at an autocross at the stadium? I would still say know. Again, there would be cones in the autocross to contend with and much of the corners at Second Creek are cambered, you might scrape the side of your kit through the corners.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:34 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by flalero@Jan 24 2005, 03:35 PM
If you didn't have the kit, I would say go for it. Since you put all of the work into the body, I wouldn't do it. There could be many factors that could mess up the body. You could hit a cone in an autocross, you could run over a overrun strip on a road course, you could hit a serious bump at high speed on a road course, you could have stones thrown up, and not to mention, you would have to look out for other drivers (if you are racing in a series where it's head to head racing).

Oh, and are you racing at Second Creek or at an autocross at the stadium? I would still say know. Again, there would be cones in the autocross to contend with and much of the corners at Second Creek are cambered, you might scrape the side of your kit through the corners.
kit's gonna be gone...........
Old 01-24-2005, 11:40 PM   #5
mfuller

Concentrate on smoothness......no herky-jerky movements......no erratic steering or jabs at the throttle/brakes........the speed will come later as you learn the car's limits and the proper lines to take.

Modifications bump you up into faster classes where it's extremely difficult to be competitive. Concentrate on learning and have some fun.
Old 01-25-2005, 07:29 AM   #6
flalero

Then I say go for it. By the way, where are you racing?