Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 07-21-2011, 10:42 AM   #1
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Interdynamics R-134a+ Ultra Synthetic refrigerant

12 oz. Arctic Freeze® Ultra Synthetic" R-134a+ Refrigerant

From it's website:
http://idqusa.com/proddetail.php?prod=AF-3

Arctic Freeze® Ultra Synthetic

Replaces lost refrigerant & oil to A/C system and is formulated with advanced QwikBoost® chemistry that was developed for NASA
Colder air 50% faster

It says it delivers colder air and faster. Now that it's ~100 degrees again, and I've had the stuff in the car for over a month, I can say that this product does deliver. The air is so cold even when it's this hot, I really only need the fan on a medium to low setting, even in full sunlight (once I have gotten the car to a stable temperature).

I bought it at Walmart.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #2
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
Hmmm.. I never condone the use of freon cans. First of all, cars are very particular about the amount of freon they require, and if there is even too much it can cause your ac to be inop due to high pressures. You CANNOT measure freon levels without evacuating the system first with ac equipment. By adding a can, you are just guessing. Also, many of these canned freon products have an added stop leak property that can, well, stop up your whole damn system. Not to mention people that use this stuff can contaminate our GOOD freon in our cylinders if we do evac the system.

The only thing these products are good for is if you use it at your own risk, and have a car with a huge freon leak that you are babying along. Not to mention that if your leaking freon, you're damaging the environment and also losing pag oil that lubricates the compressor. (no oil = compressor locking up!)
Old 07-21-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
wow. smart girl. couldnt agree more. to an extent an overpressurerized system can cause a colder a/c system. but theres a fine line between usable and damaging. dont ask what i the line is... i just assume not find out.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:37 PM   #4
comanche
V.I.P. Member

comanche is an unknown quantity at this point
All well and true, but the product reviewed is not a stop leak product, nor does the product description state that it includes stop leak of any type.

My only worry about Arctic Freeze would be that you could get your evaporator too cold, and cause problems. But it has a very high rating on Amazon, and should work great.

For those interested in doing A/C work, it can be done at home. You would need to evacuate/release the pressure in the system, but this can be done easily. Then a 15 minute vacuum with a pump, and a proper refill using the amount listed on your A/C label in your engine compartment. A scale may be necessary to obtain the final proper amount.

Thanks for the review, zzyzzx! If I can buy this stuff on sale sometime, I will.
comanche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
I never stated that this particular product contained stop leak, I said many DO contain it. I see overfilled and stopped up systems quite frequently. I have even seen many shops overfill.. It's a common issue, so I offered my advice. Take it or leave it.