Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 05-16-2009, 01:01 AM   #1
squatch81
GX Member

squatch81 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to squatch81
Pissing coolant

So my car has been pissing coolant hardcore today... not fun. It appeared to have stopped for a while. Turns out after almost an hour of pinching lines and taking stuff apart that it is the water outlet. The inner ring that holds the seal is completely gone, hoping the pieces didn't get too far, yet they most likely have . Should have it all back together after I pick up the part and I'm just hoping that is the only problem.

Has anyone else had a similar issue?
squatch81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Never heard of that one

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 07:44 AM   #3
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
o.o...
Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah... one of my o-rings and a piece is gone, noticed that when swapping engines, heh.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 04:11 PM   #5
squatch81
GX Member

squatch81 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to squatch81
I got it all back together now. I also swapped out the thermostat while I was at it. Wow, it was such a PITA project. The new water outlet did not seal properly to the steel line in the side of it so I had to take it out again and seal with RTV (the o-ring was fine...). Now that it is totally sealed, it took til the temp gauge was just below max for the thermostat to kick, I know I put it in right. I will have to see what happens the next time I drive it, I want it to cool fully and see if it does the same thing. For those of you who don't know, the water outlet is blocked by the PS pump, luckily it is east to remove. The thermostat however is at the top of the coolant pipe, below the header. It is really tough to get to especially if you have big hands like me. The thermostat can be replaced without removing the engine to transaxle brace, but it is recommended. It also involved taking off the FR wheel, eating a few rust chips and of course a coolant shower or two. I really hope I am truly done with this project.

And on another note, If you are doing a seafoam treatment DO NOT leave the partially full, open bottle on top of the engine. It creates a lot of smoke when it falls on hot headers.

PS: If anyone in the Buffalo area with an LD9 ever needs any cooling system work, hit me up. I am sure it will be easier the second time around.
squatch81 is offline   Reply With Quote