Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
NeverdoneUSA Hood aka The Bubble Hood

Store/Site purchased: NeverDoneUSA.com
Cost/Shipping: For me to know, however the cost should be comparable to the Boatek Hood when finished.
Store service, contact, deliver: Customer service is outstanding so far, with questions quickly answered by the Owner. Shipping was a little messed up, but he took care of it on his end and the hood shipped fine and was undamaged upon arrival.

Initial product impressions, quality: Out of the box the product looked great!
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: None really, Take old hood off, put new one on. Don't buy a hood if you can't figure this out.
Installation notes: Drink a beer, install hood, finish 6 pack.
If not self installed, cost of installation: Bdyman can chime in here, but I would guess that paint and prep for a final factory finish would be between $300-$800

Appearance opinions: I absolutely love the looks of this hood, and have gotten compliments from everybody who has seen it. I have even had people tell me they like it better than the Boetek CF cowl I had before.

Any other thoughts about the product: Ok, so most people remember how the Boatek had shipping problems. My product came unscathed and fine. However, he is still working on shipping options on his end. Let start with the Boatek hood and say it is a 10/10. Which really it is. The CF hood can really be bolted on and go, the finish is great on the Boatek hood top and bottom. This being a fiberglass hood obviously paint work will need to be done. I love the looks of this hood. The overall quality seems to be good. The fit seems to be great. There are just a few issues

My concerns are as follows: The material is the middle is fine, but the edges seem to be a little thin and could use some extra material. The black stuff they use in the middle and on the edge while paintable, I would like to see it more of a gelcoat type finish so it could be mirror painted to a finish. Me personally, I will just have the bottom of the hood sprayed black so I don't care. There are also a few areas on the edges of the hood that could use a little touchup in the finish, but that is all easy prep work for the bodyshop that would paint the hood.

Overall, I give the Bubble hood a 7/10. Clint is working with me as a beta tester and has assured me that the issues will be fixed before release. On the phone he seems like a stand-up guy and wants to do the right thing. He has proven that to me already with some confusions in shipping. With these things fixed it can be a 10/10 hood that we could be proud to have an option for our aleros.

ON TO THE PICS!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3280116.JPG (76.2 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg P3280137.JPG (75.4 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg P3280138.JPG (76.3 KB, 383 views)
File Type: jpg P3280120.JPG (74.6 KB, 381 views)
File Type: jpg P3280124.JPG (75.6 KB, 385 views)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:26 PM   #2
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
More pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3280125.JPG (84.0 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg P3280126.JPG (72.7 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg P3280127.JPG (73.1 KB, 375 views)
File Type: jpg P3280128.JPG (76.6 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg P3280130.JPG (76.2 KB, 371 views)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

More pics...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P3280135.JPG (79.6 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg P3280132.JPG (74.5 KB, 366 views)
File Type: jpg P3280133.JPG (79.8 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg P3280136.JPG (77.7 KB, 362 views)
File Type: jpg P3280131.JPG (77.6 KB, 362 views)
Old 03-29-2011, 06:33 PM   #4
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
anyways...fitment looks great

however, i still say to make this hood better they need to cut off that back panel for some venting opportunities
Old 03-29-2011, 06:43 PM   #5
alero_bmxer
GL Member

alero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond reputealero_bmxer has a reputation beyond repute
effin sexy. x2 on the venting tho
[ion] C2 - I ran her hard, on nothing but the bare ground. After easing into it and progressively pushing down harder I could feel the pressure building and once it peaked I let off and she gave a loud cry from the blow off valve.
Ttop191 - ^ because your car is the only thing that will suck and blow that you can actually successfully get within 25 feet of

alero_bmxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 06:49 PM   #6
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
i can't wait to see it painted
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

Just so everybody knows, Scott aka Oldsman, doesn't like this hood!
Old 03-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Venting would be interesting, but would present a TOTALLY different method of production.

I can't say I really love it, but its different, in a good way. Flows well, and I wonder how it contrasts aerodynamically... Just as curiosity goes.

overall... nice, but I prefer stock. I'll give it one
Old 03-29-2011, 07:05 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I don't like it either.

Fitment looks good, very good actually, but it reminds me of my pants when I used to get unexplained boners in 8th grade English class

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
I don't like it either.

Fitment looks good, very good actually, but it reminds me of my pants when I used to get unexplained boners in 8th grade English class

except this is full size and not a hot wheels car...lol
Old 03-29-2011, 07:15 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
HEY NOW!!!

Matchbox FTW

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:38 PM   #12
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Ehh, I'm sure it looks 10x better in person... I'm on the fence.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:06 PM   #13
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Just so everybody knows, Scott aka Oldsman, doesn't like this hood!
Neither does this old fart, but it does look like good fitment.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Last edited by Oldsnut : 03-29-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:35 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
i like it, vented i would most likely buy it.

also, i love those rims.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #15
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
I think the factory hood's bump was good enough. If it was vented I think it would be more appealing.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:39 PM   #16
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
<------------needs to see painted!
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #17
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
might look better with a peak?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:46 PM   #18
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
it kinda reminds me of the tear drop hood on the dodge race car, i forgot the model of dodge
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 11:14 PM   #19
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Hood is ok, may look better painted but I love your wheels!
Old 03-29-2011, 11:16 PM   #20
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
I think its a perfect spot for a gauge or two. kinda like the old school GTO's

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote