Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #1
nicothehut
GX Member

nicothehut is on a distinguished road
What brand Brake Pads do you Use ?

I live in a town that is really just one big hill.
The alero is buning up pads.
Last set has been on from Nov10 or 30th KM.
I bought porfessional Raybestos last time and not happy with the life i got out of them.
Wanger brakes are what i'am looking at now.

Can anyone tell me whats better?
and what site do you buy your brakes from?

Last edited by nicothehut : 04-03-2012 at 12:57 PM.
nicothehut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:42 PM   #2
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Hawk hps all the way

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Let's see. Long life or braking performance?

You can't really have both at the same capacity.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #4
nicothehut
GX Member

nicothehut is on a distinguished road
I choose long life then
Old 04-03-2012, 01:35 PM   #5
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
Apex Kevlar.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Apex Kevlar
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #7
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Wagner rotors suck.. They're chinese made garbage.. I installed them in the front for my camaro calipers in november and they're already starting to go to crap... Stay away from wagner like i should have.

Edit: i know you mentioned pads, but i thought i'd give my personal experience with wagner.. I'd assume their pads are chinese made as well.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #8
colonel6632
Premier V.I.P. Member

colonel6632 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to colonel6632
do the big brake swap. then the brakes will work better

2005 Silverado 2500HD w/ 6.0l Vortec 4L80E
Tuned 6.0l, exhaust, intake, with 450000km on the odometer. Tow Rig

1985 Pontiac Trans Am GTA w/ 5.7 Vortec 700r4
mild vortec 350 with 4 speed auto. performance suspension. factory gold color. project car
colonel6632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
rocketfast321
GL Member

rocketfast321 is on a distinguished road
Been a fan of duralast gold since 04
Baby Sandy: 2001 2.4 Grand Am se 1.5 (auto) 32k-119k : Sept.2002-Aug.2010
Mickey: 2001 Alero GL 2.4 5-speed (Nov. 2010) 109k-???
rocketfast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #10
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
I use Brembo.......Bitch...............................I WIN!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Oldsman : 04-04-2012 at 04:50 PM.
Oldsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I try to use Bendix when I can. I have Rays on the rear of the Alero right now, and Bendix in the front (I think)

My Delta has cheap ass brakes in the front. They stop the car fine, they do lock up the front wheels, but in a normal stop they grind and there is still a lot of pad left. I think dude replaced the pads and not the rotors

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:28 PM   #12
mfuller

The Hawk HPS are decent but they dust a lot, and the longevity isn't the best, but they're OK.
Look for something ceramic for longer life. They will be quieter and dust less too, at the expense of braking performance.
You need to decide for yourself how far you're willing to trade-off.

My brakes were generally toast every season - of course I ran Hawk HP+ in front and HPS in back.
I'm a notoriously late braker from my road racing days (I'd go through a full set of pads in one weekend).
Old 04-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #13
Goodman
GX Member

Goodman is on a distinguished road
Pads? Don't need them start my car go from A to B with pedal to the metal & don't stop for no one...

Seriously i don't do much mileage a year so i always buy mid quality/price pads & don't care which brand it is as an example, if they got pads for $25/$35/$80 i will pick up the ones in the middle at $35 can't really go wrong this way & still cheap enough to save money

Last edited by Goodman : 04-05-2012 at 01:03 AM.
Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #14
rocketfast321
GL Member

rocketfast321 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

My Delta has cheap ass brakes in the front. They stop the car fine, they do lock up the front wheels, but in a normal stop they grind and there is still a lot of pad left. I think dude replaced the pads and not the rotors

I had that problem with my electra, it did have the $9 autozone pads on it. Went with gold pads on it also, now they are dead silent.
Baby Sandy: 2001 2.4 Grand Am se 1.5 (auto) 32k-119k : Sept.2002-Aug.2010
Mickey: 2001 Alero GL 2.4 5-speed (Nov. 2010) 109k-???
rocketfast321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #15
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I got orielly brake pads right now...they claim lifetime warranty... I doubt it will take long to see if they honor it... I like messing around on curvy roads... I also live at the bottom of a hill leaving town so if i have a big vehicle behind me i will often fly down the hill and slow down fast for the driveway...when i havent done this I have gotten pretty close to being hit
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #16
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiwnath View Post
Wagner rotors suck.. They're chinese made garbage.. I installed them in the front for my camaro calipers in november and they're already starting to go to crap... Stay away from wagner like i should have.

Edit: i know you mentioned pads, but i thought i'd give my personal experience with wagner.. I'd assume their pads are chinese made as well.

Everything else made by Wagner sucks as well.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Whatever the mid grade pads are from pepboys are the ones I get.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #18
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Usually EBC brakes. The"Red Stuff" pads and the r1 concepts rotors i run, but i did the Fbody brake swap, so that plus the upgraded braking power means i eat the pads in about the same time you do.
Old 05-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #19
ksbaggs94

AC Delco Durastop ceramic, lifetime guarantee as well,exchange as many times as you need too
Old 05-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #20
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
ebc red stuff kevlar usually i have monroe ceramics right now though