Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

Old 04-24-2014, 03:20 AM   #21
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Even if it's just Sleepy and Fisdad, there's still the Olds show... soooo yeah! lol
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:47 AM   #22
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

it's a car meet

Laugh all you want, you should know more than anybody that people say they are coming out, then back out at the last minute

Really, it's kinda sad when you think about it. A car that was last built 17 years ago, still gets 2 to 3 times the cars than the Alero show got in 2004

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:28 AM   #23
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Laugh all you want, you should know more than anybody that people say they are coming out, then back out at the last minute

Really, it's kinda sad when you think about it. A car that was last built 17 years ago, still gets 2 to 3 times the cars than the Alero show got in 2004

Depends what that 17 year old car is... If we're talking about a 96 Impala SS, of course it's going to get more attention since it's a muscle car. The Alero was never anyting special and that's the saddest part of this. It's the last Oldsmobile ever to be made and yet it's seen as so mundane that when the 1999 Alero is 20 years old, an Alero is going to be a rare sight.

My point is that it's hard to be passionate about a compact FWD car, even if it is anything special. Ask the W body guys about that, the Turbo Grand Prix and the Cutlass Supreme Convertible were limited edition runs like the 94-96 Impala SS, but they'll never command the money nor have the community that the Impala SS enjoys.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:21 AM   #24
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I wasnt saying that he had to go...he was complaining about not having anyone close enough to meet i was giving ways to get there...as for me going i have to do an internship to complete my degree, haveny found any good ones up that way, and being a recreation major there is a reasonable chance that i will be required to work
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:39 AM   #25
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Always nice to hang with people you bs a lot with. Though if I' am flying somewhere on vacation no offense but it isn't going to be Michigan /snicker.
negolien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #26
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
who said we expect a huge turnout?

Quote:
Aleros aren't exactly as popular as other cars..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 04:01 PM   #27
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Talking Not If I was on fire...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03glgold View Post
I wasnt saying that he had to go...he was complaining about not having anyone close enough to meet i was giving ways to get there...as for me going i have to do an internship to complete my degree, haveny found any good ones up that way, and being a recreation major there is a reasonable chance that i will be required to work

You'd be complaining too if you had to drive or fly 2,200 miles lol. Hell I can't even afford to see the Packers you think I' am going to make that trip to hang out with some forum guys nice as you all are? YOU'RE CRAZY
Old 04-24-2014, 04:52 PM   #28
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
You'd be complaining too if you had to drive or fly 2,200 miles lol. Hell I can't even afford to see the Packers you think I' am going to make that trip to hang out with some forum guys nice as you all are? YOU'RE CRAZY

We had 2 guys come out from Cali, 1 from Texas and a couple from Kansas a few years back ago and they had a blast.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 PM   #29
negolien
GL Member

LOL nice glad they had a good time. Did they drive out?
Old 04-24-2014, 06:35 PM   #30
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Yup they drove. 44 hour drive time IIRC.

My g/f wants to take the drive out, but I didn't take vacation time that week this year.

With as screwed up as Homecoming has been the past few years, If I feel the 330 in the Delta could make such a trip, I would cruise out in that and park next to you guys at homecoming, although that car was made in Wilmington, DE

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-24-2014, 06:41 PM   #31
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Kenny come out damn it.

Ill be happy to see people still coming out.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 02:57 AM   #32
Redog
Aleromod part owner

LOL I should!

I've only put 3100 miles on the car since March 2013

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 04-25-2014, 08:44 AM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
All more reason to go.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 04-25-2014, 10:32 AM   #34
negolien
GL Member

Nice

Quote:
LOL I should!

I've only put 3100 miles on the car since March 2013

HAHA NICE The 1st 4 years I put 5,000 on mine.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #35
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
HAHA NICE The 1st 4 years I put 5,000 on mine.

is there at least some decent highway driving in there, city only and too low of mileage isn't that good on a car when things don't get heated properly and regular circulation of lubricants
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 10:04 AM   #36
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
I've only put 3000km on mine in the last 5 years. Didn't help when you have a blown motor for 2 years and then do a complete overhaul a year later lol!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 04:47 PM   #37
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Set up a decent group pic while you're out there. It will be Alero of the month for July and there will be no voting on it. Just like in years past

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-01-2014, 06:51 PM   #38
sleepyalero
GLS member

You need to man up and go!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-05-2014, 05:41 PM   #39
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Working dude!!

Big trip to Disney next year so that might be out too.

Was talking to the gf last night about it, and she's for the trip. Plus after 10 years of going out there, I know how to do the trip CHEAP!! I would like to bring the Delta like I said, but those MI highways, IDK if the Delta could handle those sppeds for that long. Might be me handling those speeds for that long.

Would be nice to cruise out with a "Classic Car" tag on the car in 2015

www.facebook.com/kb0177
Old 05-05-2014, 05:59 PM   #40
sleepyalero
GLS member

Wah
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: