Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Old 11-18-2003, 04:45 PM   #1
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "codilly"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("codilly")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: www.Ebay.com
Cost/Shipping: 59.99+9 S/H
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: quick delivery and good packaging

Initial product impressions, quality: wires were all heat shrunk and trimmed to just the right length the faces themselves are trimmed to fit very well about as perfect as possible.

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: the instructions were fairly clear but i would recomend the removal of the needles (the instructions say you can leave them on)Â;-) it also includes a webaddress that gives step by step with pics

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: if you have never done anything with electronics or your gauges have someone with a lil experience do this job.
kit comes with the neccesary power inverter that has to be hidden inside the dash and comes with a really cool color controler/ dimmer that has to be put someplace also.

If not self installed, cost of installation: did it myselfÂ;-) cost 2.50 for a tube of crazy glue and .99 for a blue sharpie to color the needles

Performance, appearance opinions: the gauges look really good they light up just like the new VW's and the inside and outer ring can be changed from different shades of blue and green

Any other thoughts about the product
the main installation gripes are:
1. when installing this product you need to remove the instrument cluster and open it. rember how much gas you have because the needles need to be reinstalled exactly in the positions they came off. its a real pain your supposed to put the needles on while the car is running but this is virtually impossible because the guage faces have no type of adhesive on the back whatsoever so if you pick them up they will fall off. (i bought crrazy glue and put it on the edges to hold them in place)

2. your stock needles will need to be colored to veiw them properly also

3. the instructions say to hook them to your parking light fuse but it is on the passenger side of the car so the guages must be hooked to the drivers side acc fuse so they are always on even though you cant see them during the day.

overall looks they get 10 out of 10 they look as good as any guage overlay can
overall value they get 9/10
ease of installation 4/10

if anyone buys these and needs help with installation contact me and ill put the full instructions up[/b]

Quote:
Originally posted by "Big Poppa Naich"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Big Poppa Naich")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Yeah, here's some more installation tidbits...

-You don't have to remove the needles, unless you plain on coloring them.

-You don't need to color the needles to see them, mine are white, and I can see them just fine.Â;-) They would probably look cool painted though.

-You don't need crazy glue... double sided stick tape (the clear plastic kind, not the foamy white kind) makes installation about 10 times faster.Â;-) You have to lign up all the warning lights and what not... and if you don't use double sided tape, you have to keep wiggling the guages around till they line up perfectly.

-You can use any HOT wire to power the guages.Â;-) I used the light in the cubby hole, since I wanted to cut it off anyway, I just sliced the wire and hooked it up the guages.Â;-) However, if you plan on tapping a wire, not completely breaking it, you probably *should* solder it to make sure the connection doesn't come undone.[/b]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Platinum Dreams Alero")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: www.aleromod.com

Cost/Shipping: $50 dollars which included shipping

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Took a few day's to get them, but it wasn't Naich's fault, plus there was a holiday weekend involved...

Initial product impressions, quality: Good Quality at an even better price

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: I think Naich forgot to put instructions in my package, but I install them all the time so installation was a breeze. Took me about 10 minutes to get them installed and wired. (But, like I said, I install them all the time.)

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Easier then installing them in a Honda or Mitsubishi. Like I said, they were pretty simple to install.

Appearance: They look good as hell. Just wish I had some different Needles...

Any other thoughts about the product: No other thought's, just want to thank Naich again for hookin up up with the low low price of $50 dollars.

Thanks Naich[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Oldsman71")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Well I just installed today the indiglo gauges from Naich.

Store/Site purchased: Naich
Cost/Shipping: N/A ( check with Naich)
Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Received within a week

Initial product impressions, quality: Excellent

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Fairly easy install. Use double sided tape hold in place. Splice into the light the lights the cubby hole just in front of shifter.

appearance opinions: They look great. Easily to read with black needles at night.

Any other thoughts about the product: I highly recommend these gauges. These were exactly what I wanted.

Thanks a lot, Naich. I took pics of everything and will post them ASAP[/b][/quote]

</div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("Oldsman71")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>you don't need the indiglo needles with this kit. My needles are still black and can see them great at night[/b][/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Grouch"
@
ah here are the halo eBay ones. $50 first bid, $55 buy it now, with $9 s/h, optional insurance for $3, though at this range it's only $2.20 with USPS. Even if Naich's cost is the same I would still rather by from you. You are known, I don't know the eBay guy. Do they look similar to these?

[/quote]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Big Poppa Naich"

Gouch, they are exactly the same ones on ebay.... and coming from the same guy most likely. However, bulk ordering will save everyone about $15 - $20 per set, which is a pretty good savings on a $70 shipped part....[/quote]
Old 11-18-2003, 10:12 PM   #2
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by "skiboarder311"+--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ("skiboarder311")</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Store/Site purchased: From www.aleromod.com/stores (the halos naich was sellin)

Cost/Shipping: $$50 shipped (whadda bargain)

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Took awhile to get them, but that was UPS bunnykup so i wasn't too pissed

Initial product impressions, quality: nice quality
Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: Instructions, who needz 'em but yeah it came with instructions

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Wasn't too hard to install, wiring was easy, but gettin the indicator lights to line up was a lil bit of a pain in the ass, and make sure u mark ur needles before u take them off, cuz now all my readings are juz a lil off, but if you read the instructions it tells you that, SO READ INSTRUCTIONS!!!!!

Performance, appearance opinions: They look awesome!!!!!!!!!! Highly recommended!!!!!!! The pics that u see on this site do no justice, trust me, u'll love 'em when u get them in ur car, they look sooooooo much better than regular indiglows!!!

<span style='color:black'>[/color][color=yellow]</span>[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-"Grouch"

Dood, these are badass!!!! So much nicer that the import intelligence overlays. Now I just need to fix my needles (not alignment problem, but a painted problem).

Installation took me about 2-hours, but I had to scrape of the II overlays and I installed the Speedhut CF bezel at the same time. I wired them to the light in the cubby hole with no problems. I placed the light "pad" in the small cubby under the regular light dimmer and fog light switch. This pad doesn't really stick anywhere I tried so I put a big piece of double-sided tape on the back to help.

It was kinda tricky getting thet gauges to line up with the idiot lights, especially the temp overlay. But taking your time here is key to getting it right.

I did something to mine to make them a little different from everybody elses. For that your just gonna have to wait to see the pics. :wink:

Big props to Naich for getting us these! 8) 8)
[/quote]
Old 11-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #3
blueyezalero

Is he still selling those??
Old 11-19-2003, 12:20 PM   #4
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Im not sure but if there is enough intrest in another group buy im sure he could arrange something
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 02:13 PM   #5
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
I need to guarantee 50 units to order, of which I would need to pre-sell about 25 (I can't afford to keep a huge inventory of these.)

I will start a new thread to gauge interest.

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 01:05 AM   #6
brim
GLS member

brim is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to brim
Store/Site purchased: www.aleromod.com (Group Buy)

Cost/Shipping: *have naich remind me here* lol, decently cheap

Store service, contact, delivery, problems, props: Nearly no wait at all, I had them within a couple of days, from NJ to MA tho heh

Initial product impressions, quality: Looked great, no problems with em, idiot proof pieces

Instructions, good, bad, none, etc: I had some help with them, I forgot if nick sent me the instructions or if I got them online, either way it was pretty simple once I had the gauge cluster out.

Installation notes, easy, hard, PITA: Very easy, I'm still looking for a good adhesive however, I used something like electrical tape to start (was doing it at 1am and wanted to finish up quick), I eventually bought some cheap double sided scotch tape which holds up for a good amount of time but can lose place on installation or with hot and humid weather I realized. It's almost perfect aside from a couple lights but when I'm up to it I'll change it around a bit, it's just a couple dummy lights off by .0000004 of an inch. Attaching the wires to a ground and power source I suggest a bolt by the firewall for the ground and splicing into the power going to the cluster.

Appearance: Very nice, very blue and bright =p

Any other thoughts about the product: Thanks for lettin me in on the group buy, a bit of a hassle tryin to get the payment in order. Overall I still love the product, tossed the switch in the change holder (under fog/dimmers) and it works great still. Good simple mod overall

follow the titans
brim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 08:21 AM   #7
bdyman

love mine still the best mod i have done yet
Old 11-20-2003, 09:01 AM   #8
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
yea ditto, I had one set and it went out, but this 2nd set has givin no problems, and it looks damn good with the needles to
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 06:24 PM   #9
flalero

Hey, I used the same silicone adhesive that I used when I cleared out my lights and it seems to work just fine in keeping the gauges in place.
Old 12-21-2003, 09:27 PM   #10
Swat

I'll toss in my 2 cents....I think they are great! I love the look of them in the dark of night.....
Old 12-22-2003, 11:09 PM   #11
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by Big Poppa Naich@Nov 19 2003, 07:13 PM
I will start a new thread to gauge interest.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAaaaa!, pun intended!
Old 03-25-2004, 10:35 PM   #12
sgdalero

I got them when naich was selllin them. I LOVE THEM!!!!!! everyone who gets in the car at night is like "WHAO~~~~ Nice gauges!!!"

They really glow nicely. and for the price. You can't go wrong, Others start at like
$100.00 plus.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

AleroDrime has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to AleroDrime Send a message via MSN to AleroDrime
im digging this back up because i need to, i just got a new clustereff lol from yaleroynot they look to be niaches from long ago, i learned that from the search button, anyway since the pita wiring inside is already done for the lights and needles im wonding what to do about setting the needles when i hook this up.
the rpm is stick straight up and mess, so do i just plug and play or do i need to remove each needle and put them down except for my gas guage(assuming i do this with the engine off)
AleroDrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:18 AM   #14
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

bump.
Old 06-29-2009, 01:50 AM   #15
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Its apparently obvious that you have never taken you gauges out...Just push them all down and be done with it. LOL
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:55 PM   #16
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

I tried moving them and they move back to where they were

Do I need to pop them off and push them down in the position I want
Old 06-30-2009, 01:54 AM   #17
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

Is this right I wanna work on this tomorrow
Old 06-30-2009, 02:01 AM   #18
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
...honestly i couldnt make sense of WHAT you were asking.. but if you want the needle on your gauges to be on the right spot.. you should be able to just push them all the way down and then lift the cluster up the way it is in the car and the needles should go up to the correct position. Now if you Pulled the needles up or took them off or some shit without marking the spot you took them off at.. youre probably effed.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 02:31 AM   #19
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
NO this is not correct! Just take out your original gauges and then plug in the new gauge cluster. Once you plug it in, it will automatically read the cars computer and set the gauges, or at least it should. As stated from "Monkey Man" (LOL), if you pull the needles off and put them back on without marking the spot first, then you are pretty much done for.
-Smurf-
Old 06-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #20
AleroDrime
The Aleromod PITA

"1. when installing this product you need to remove the instrument cluster and open it. rember how much gas you have because the needles need to be reinstalled exactly in the positions they came off. its a real pain your supposed to put the needles on while the car is running but this is virtually impossible be"

Couldn't quote with the phone. But this phrase turned up with the search. Later it said that needles didn't need to be removed to change the faces, buts since my application is different with a completly new cluster I didn't know and posted.