Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 10-31-2013, 09:55 AM   #1
Serphs
GX Member

Serphs is on a distinguished road
LED/Underglow lights

Hello all! I'm a relatively new user here, I've come and searched around ever since i bought my 1999 alero GL around Nov. of last year. I've been thinking about doing some major body work( New body kit, Under-glow lights, New radio, ect..) mostly cosmetic changes to make it look unique. I wanted to know if anyone had ideas of brands/types of lights to install, maybe body kits and interior LED lighting to use in an alero?

Sorry if this post is being made in the wrong section, if it is can an admin please move it to the correct fourm? Please and thank you!
Serphs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #2
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the site...you should use no brand of under-glow as it looks ridiculous, as far as interior and stuff a lot of people use ozonium or ebay stuff...As far as body kits the only readily available ones are the AAS kit and the razzi kit, both can be found on andy's auto sports and ebay, body kits are for both coupe and sedan as they are the same size, be sure to get the right one if you get razzi because there was a change in the sideskirts between either 99 or 2000 and the years after the change and the sideskirts mount on the factory skirts
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldnt do underglow. But if you must...

Get LED GLOW off ebay. 50 $ for the kit and they work great. I had a white set back in my ricer days.....
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
^yep. I got mine real cheap on amazon back in the day. It was LED Glow 7 color fade in the small tubes. no complaints, had a ton of settings, color was good and remote and stuff. help up pretty well. just dont use the mounts it comes with. Get some heavy duty zip ties. My brother got a single color kit in the larger tubes but it didnt seem to hold up as well... he's also an idiot and delivered pizza with them installed.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #5
S8track16
GL Member

S8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond reputeS8track16 has a reputation beyond repute
I also have the 7 color LED glow kit from ebay, it works great but I don't really use it anymore. The three main colors red, green and blue are the brightest, the other 4 colors are combinations of the 3 main colors.

New System in Progress...Mids/Tweets: 2 Skar SPX component sets powered by a Skar 85.4. Subs: Hybrid 15" DD/AA, Amp: Skar SK3500, 2 runs (power and ground) of Knu OFC 0 gauge, XS d3400 up front, 2 Deka g31s in the trunk...more to come
S8track16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Just to warn you. Atleast around here....

Red blue and green are illegal in some areas when they are on. Other areas its okay as long as you cant see the bar from front of vehicle. And isnt flashing.

Red and blue = police or fire
Green = volunteer fire or something...

I got pulled over when I had a red set. And thats what he told me. Went back to my town and told one of the cops I know what happened and he said they are fkin idiots hahahaha

Thats why I went with white on my second set. Never had a problem.

I still have my white set. Might install em for a night for funzies hahahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 11-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #7
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I got pulled over once when I had it. I know all underglow is 100% illegal in IL. The time I got pulled over I had it on color sweep in IN. Thats illegal as crap but the officer only cared that it went to blue, he said red, aqua, and everything else was ok just to keep the blue off.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yeah dont want it flashing red and blue
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-02-2013, 11:42 PM   #9
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
In Pennsylvania and New Jersey any neon lighting device (goes for LED too) is 100% illegal.

Save your money and do a real mod

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:59 PM   #10
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
im pretty sure every kit that is sold states "for off road use only" to cover their asses against lawsuits!!
I agree with Ken though, save up for real mods... there are better performance and appearance mods you can save up for...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #11
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Truthfully, I wouldn't do underglow lights (led or neon). I feel for the Alero, it's too ricey. If you're really serious about this though, get some a cheap LED roll from ebay. You can wire it up yourself with a solder and then hook it up to the battery. The roll is only $10 for 5 meters. Then just tape it on with that double sided tape that people use to install the ventshades on the door windows.

To be honest though, why not be unique and dress up your engine or customize your interior? The whole body kit fad is long gone and it just makes you look like you're trying to make the car look fast when it's not.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote