Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2010, 02:29 PM   #1
xnick
GX Member

xnick is on a distinguished road
New here, got some questions!

Hey guys, glad I found this place!
First off - I'm 19, from Niagara Falls NY, I'm a PHP Developer and in school. I'm going to be purchasing a 03 Alero GLS with 100k on it in March - it belongs to my mom and she's going to be upgrading to a truck, and since it was the car I learned to drive in and I loved it, I'm jumping at the chance to take it off her hands! I offered her $4,000 for it, as the trade-in value was around $3,000. She bought the car new and babied it, so I know it'll be a strong runner. Already had the intake gaskets done around 85k.

I'm new to the 3400s - kind of. I recently sold my 2000 Impala LS with a 3800, it was slightly modded I also have a 1993 Olds Cutlass Ciera S, great condition with 45k original miles, 2nd owner. (pics at end of post) Since Impala's also came with LA1s, I learned a lot about them in the process of learning about and modding my L36 engine, however I never really cared too much to pay attention to them (sorry guys!) I also have a 2008 Silverado LS, but it's my dad's - however he lives 1300 miles away in Florida and the truck stays at my garage in NY, so it's mine

I have some questions regarding the car, hopefully some things I can gather while I'm waiting to get the car (My moms in the process of buying a new house, going to sell it to me once finalized (1 week!) and settled).

First thing I wanna do it struts all around, and a nice drop on it. My first question is what is the best strut available for the N-body? Do we have an adjustable strut option? Best lowering springs? Any coil-overs? Not looking to bag so that's out of the question. As usual I'd like to keep the costs low but quality comes first!

Second, would be FI. Anyone had good success with a L67 (3800 s/c) swap? Or any good turbo kits available that are reliable as far as parts and straight forward to install? I'm quite comfortable with the 3800, so a swap would be my first choice, but I know people have had some PCM issues swapping them into Grand Ams - I figure an Alero swap would be more difficult due to PCM restrictions, but I'll leave it to the pros to tell me what's up! If all else fails i'll just 3500 top-swap and call it a day

Third - anyone done a HUD? I love the HUD in my buddies GTP, but in the Impala it was almost impossible due to lack of space behind the cluster.

Some things I plan on doing are LED interior. I'm quite handy with a soldering iron, did my whole Impala's interior and it wasn't as easy as the Aleros, the lights were non-serviceable, soldered straight to the boards. I also would like to tint the tail lights (I think it would compliment the black exterior great - if you have any pics of a black Alero with tinted tails please post em!). Would also like to do clear corners, HID's, and some other small modifications (suggestions would be great!)

Anyway, as promised, here's some pics of my other rides!

IMPALA

A little photoshop I did..

CUTLASS

SILVERADO

Last edited by xnick : 01-09-2010 at 02:37 PM.
xnick is offline   Reply With Quote