Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-04-2004, 01:51 AM   #1
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Q: Does anyone make clear tails for my Alero?
A: No company actually mass produces them. The only way to get them is to either make them yourself or pay Anderbra (a member of this forum) to make them for you.

Q: Ok, but I've seen some pics of Aleros with clear tails. Are you sure they don't sell them?
A: Yes, all of the pics on the internet of so-called euro tails on aleros were custom made. If you do not have the skills to make them yourself, there is not a real easy way to learn how without risking perminantly screwing up your lights. I would just pay Anderbra to make a set for you.

Q: What about the guys who have dark tail lights? How do I do that?
A: That is a product called Spray Tint. You can buy it at almost any big auto parts store. You take out your tails, open them up, and spray a few coats of tint on. It is pretty simple.

Q: What about the people who have pinstripes on their tails?
A: The best way to do it is to take apart the tails and add the pinstriping to the insides.

Q: Has anyone put vinyl overlays on their tails? Has anyone painted them?
A: Sure. Vinyl works allright, but not great. Paint works better... but it is perminant. For vinyl, no one sells it... you'll have to have a local shop cut it to shape for you. You will also need a hair dryer to put them on to shrink the vinyl onto the lights. Paint is pretty simple... you just mask off what you don't want to be covered... and spray them (of course when they're off your car).

Here are pics of options:
Vinyl:

Anderbra: go to http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=25&hl= for more info

Paint:

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote