Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
Fenderxcore
GL Member

Fenderxcore is on a distinguished road
Any Ideas?

Alright so my car recently got rear ended then fixed up...But now randomly my "service vehicle soon", "trac off", and "abs" lights come on usually when i first start up the vehicle and I drive a few feet...then i'll pull over and restart the car an all the lights go out an i'll be all set from there...also whenever I put it in reverse and cut the wheel the lights will come on too

Give me some direction on how to fix this?
Old 10-15-2009, 06:42 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Hubs.....
Old 10-16-2009, 01:31 AM   #3
_01Alero_
A.S.S. Translator

_01Alero_ is an unknown quantity at this point
What nate said, sounds just like the wheel bearings/hubs.... There should be a plethora of info on the forums for changing them out, just do a search for it. It may just be the sensor that is going out (which is apart of the wheel hub assembly) or if you get a grinding/noise when you turn the wheel at certain speeds than that is another indicator... It's a very common problem on aleros.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:11 AM   #4
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
ya, if you searched a bit im sure you would have found plenty of info. if its happening in turns, its most likely the sensor, or wires going to the sensor. mine are bad, and whenever i make right hand turns, the lights go on, because the drivers side wires are shorting out or something. unfortunatly the sensor/wires cannot be replaced seperatly, the whole hub assembly has to be replaced.
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 04:53 AM   #5
Kilroy
GL Member

Kilroy is on a distinguished road
.......or the plug might just be loose or have a bad contact??
Kilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:19 AM   #6
Fenderxcore
GL Member

Fenderxcore is on a distinguished road
Yeah I'm def. gonna give it a look today at school...Weird how it don't come on during the middle of my drives...I drive an hour each way for school everyday an the lights only come on in the very beginning or the very end when im pullin into my driveway