Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Product Reviews

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2009, 02:55 PM   #1
Vella's Alero
GL Member

Vella's Alero is on a distinguished road
Riken Raptor ZR 225/50Z R16

I recently had to buy new tires because when I got the car there were three different name brands and 2 different sizes between the four tires! Yeah figure that out...lol.
I was working on a budget because I just finished university and didn't have much to spend on them and went looking around. I checked out these Riken Raptors and liked how they looked and how they were rated. They have 2 lines basically the HR and the ZR.
HR - regular type tires with non directional tread approx. 135000 km

ZR - V type tread that are directionalapprox. 90000km

I bought the ZR's because they were looked amazing for rain and traction and apparently fare really good in the snow.
I paid 650 for installation and balancing and when I left the local tire dealer I felt the difference immediately. The car was more responsive, the braking distance was better and also take offs seemed faster as well. The car can take corners faster, sounds a lot quieter (tire noise) and still grips like sh*t on velcro during rain showers (especially heavy ones). Still have yet to try them in snow because it's not that season yet but we get lake effect snow here so I will definitely have plenty of snow to use them in and will update this thread when I do.

Overall, I give these tires a 10/10 so far because price was good and they have been amazing so far (I have put on about 6000km on these already and they still stick like super glue and feel just as good).

Has anyone else used these?

OWN - 1996 Rover 414 - replaced engine with a 1.7TD Isuzu lump and gearbox, Uprated brakes, Custom seats and interior trim, MG ZS 11 spoke wheels, Custom bodywork, Custom LED taillamps, Custom gauge surround to hold 2 52mm gauges (filled with boost and oil pressure gauge)
Vella's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote