Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 06-26-2005, 08:43 PM   #1
black99alero
GX Member

black99alero is an unknown quantity at this point
I took my car to a mechanic about my window on my passenger side not rolling down and he said that it was the motor that was bad and he was going to charge me $300 to replace it, so I decided that I would have him put it back together and buy one off Ebay for $65 shipped...................Needless to say, I bought one and installed it today and my window still wont do a thing!!!! Has anyone else had a problem like this?!What else should I look into that might be bad?Has anyone had the wiring go bad?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:02 PM   #2
pawzbear
The Original Thread Whore

pawzbear is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to pawzbear
yep, i had mine go out, and no, your mechanic is not ripping you. They have to order the whole window motor and assembly whole from the dealer, it is not sold separately. $300 sounds about right, if my memory serves me well.
Old 06-26-2005, 09:19 PM   #3
bigd6983

did you check fuses?? i mean id assume the mechanic did but you never know........i dont know how everything is wired up but are both doors wired on the same fuse? or seperate? i think there is a built in relay in the door switch assembly, when you push the button can you hear the relay click over? if not your not getting power at the relay so start checking fuses........

any other questions just post em
Old 06-26-2005, 10:19 PM   #4
black99alero
GX Member

To my understanding there is one fuse wired to both doors and the drivers window works so we had ruled that one out...................Nothing happened when we had the new motor I had installed and I het the window up/down button..............no noise what so ever
Old 06-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
check your switch.
Old 06-29-2005, 08:03 PM   #6
black99alero
GX Member

Had to end up taking my car to a mechanic and it wasnt the MOtor afterall...........it was the wiring harness to the window motor that had a short in it!! Cost me $100 out the door.......not too bad and I have a new window motor that I installed in it too

Thanks guys for all your suggestions
Old 07-04-2005, 03:36 PM   #7
cmsephiroth

I wouldn't have doubted though that your motor would have went out though. I've had to replace my window regulator two times on the driver side and once on the passenger in the past five years on my 2000 alero.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:16 PM   #8
chevalero

I got the same problem...

My passenger window works 1/20 times...
When I move the switch (from the passenger side or by the second switch on the driver side) the windows doesn't move, but the motor does eat electricity.
and sometimes, when it's a rainy day and when I open and shut the door several times, the windows works back...

How can I have a look to this motor and wires ?

chevalero
Old 07-06-2005, 05:20 PM   #9
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
the motor in drivers side door "broke" on me twice so far, all it was was a bad spot in the motor, just had to whack it real good and it started working again. you can do it with out taking the dor panel off but it want to, it just pops right off after you take the reflector out and unscrew the screw thats in there if i remember correctly.
Old 07-06-2005, 05:36 PM   #10
dbailey
GL Member

dbailey is an unknown quantity at this point
Ever figure out what the wiring shorted out on?
dbailey is offline   Reply With Quote