Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 10-09-2004, 11:39 PM   #1
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

does anyone know if a mercury cougar with the v 6 could beat an ecotec alero? i know its a v 6 but its a 2.5 and my 4 banger has a 2.2. just asking.

Old 10-09-2004, 11:50 PM   #2
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
it would be close.

stock 2001 Mercury Cougar V-6 ... 0-60 = 7.8 sec. 1/4 mile = 16.1 sec.

mostly driver skill, i'd smoke him with a second slower car at the track. the average person who shows up for midnight madness hits the tree at about 1.2
Old 10-09-2004, 11:56 PM   #3
FutureEcotecOwnerAgain

well this is an 02 with a 5 speed and mines an auto, but the ecotec is a quick car no matter what anyone says

Old 10-09-2004, 11:58 PM   #4
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by 03EcotecAlero@Oct 10 2004, 03:56 AM
well this is an 02 with a 5 speed and mines an auto, but the ecotec is a quick car no matter what anyone says
chances are he cant shift to 100% of the cars potential, and you'd take him.

i've taken quite a few "quick" cars that had inexpirienced stick drivers or slow at the tree. with timeslips to prove.

97 rx7
04 rx8
3.6l mustang with a crapload of mods (to include nos)
mazdaspeed protege (shouldnt these run mid 13's? (altitude adjusted))
TT 300zx
3000GT vr4
eclipse gsx
eclipse gst converible (it was an auto though :thumbsup
quite a few others, but i dont feel like thinking right now.
Old 10-10-2004, 12:41 AM   #5
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i'm surprised a moderator hasn't jumped on this yet...if you are talking about street racing aleromod.com does not condone street racing at all...and usually do not like hypothetical question about races....if you want to know invite him to the local drag track and dual it out legally... :cheers:
Old 10-10-2004, 12:47 AM   #6
FormulaNERD
GLS member

well if i'm talking about timeslips and a tree... it's obviously not street racing... and you can see that we're both located in clarksville tennessee, and there is a track here we go to.

so please mind your business and quit trying to get people in trouble that arent breaking any rules. thank you.
Old 10-10-2004, 04:12 AM   #7
Grouch

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD
so please mind your business and quit trying to get people in trouble that arent breaking any rules. thank you.

Are you sure about that? Might read the second paragraph below. People that don't like our rules don't realize that there IS a reason behind them. Many of our rules have developed out of flamefest/bashing/threats/fighting/etc. Things we have learned over time that cause problems. So instead of going though these little battles every month, we just try to put a stop to them before they get started.

Quote:
Aleromod.com does not condone or encourage street racing.Â;-) Illegal street races are dangerous to yourselves and all the innocent bystanders you come in contact with.Â;-) We have seen that posting street race stories leads to unnecessary debating and flame wars.

Also, please don’t post hypothetical races… such as “Can I beat a Corvette?”Â;-) Such questions spark debates and can not be answered with any degree of accuracy.

Closed Thread