Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-30-2011, 01:23 AM   #1
BlueLego
GX Member

BlueLego is on a distinguished road
gettin' goodies

so just got a deal on a t3/t4 .57 trim turbo, already have intercooler piping made up and i have the mani from a 9-3 saab. picking up the rest of the stuff pretty soon such as injectors, intercooler, return and feed lines, BOV waste gate, etc. for all you eco people do you think my best bet would be tapping through the oil filter boss for a feed line and then tapping through the oil pan for return line??
but ya, soon to have a boosted eco alero haha. can't wait for this shit!!
and then i need to find good tune so i'm not rolling around untuned for very long. i heard the alero doesn't do too good riding around in closed circuit haha
BlueLego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:29 AM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
You can't roll around untuned at ALL with bigger injectors or a 2 bar MAP installed. You can drive it untuned with the aforementioned stock and the charge piping disconnected, though.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:33 AM   #3
BlueLego
GX Member

well i wasn't going to with bigger injectors. then i'd be spittin way too much fuel. i wouldn't risk pre ignition and melting pistons lol
just going to push 8-10 pounds for now until i find another eco engine to get all the internal goodies. then swap them.
Old 01-30-2011, 10:06 AM   #4
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
you should really do it right the first time instead of roostering around and then maybe triple work for yourself in the long run

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:19 PM   #5
BlueLego
GX Member

ya i have been thinking about that. it would just be until hptuners came in. i ran a boosted accord for a while without a tune and on stock injectors and it still made power but didn't run to it's full potential or even close to it. once again onbly pushing 8 pounds, nothing too major. and also just did a little bit of putting at idle.
but once again, it would only be 2 weeks tops without a tune. i also think i'm just jumping into it too quick because i'm too excited for boost lol
anyone know how tuner friendly the alero cimputers are?
and how difficult it would be to do a manual swap on a 02 eco alero?
the tranny's are cable shifted right?
Old 01-30-2011, 02:19 PM   #6
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
don't boost until you get your tune ready. and PLEASE don't treat your Alero like a honda
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:31 AM   #7
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
In for the partout...

At least get a basemap to run it to the tuner and stay out of boost. From the way you are talking about this I dont see this happening and if it does I dont see it lasting
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM   #8
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
just do what Ion said and disconnect the charge piping until you can tune it
Old 02-01-2011, 11:52 PM   #9
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Your going to need injectors though. The stockies cant be over 300cc's. Which means you going to be maxing out your injectors at like 3k with a 57trim.

What size is the compressor btw?
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #10
BlueLego
GX Member

why do people get so defensive when someone is doing something cool to there car? can't you just say thats cool but you shouldn't go without a tune? from the way i'm talking about it you can't tell anything. your not sitting here with the parts like i am.
on the other hand, to answer your questions i was thinking about just getting some stage 2 cobalt injectors from GM.
as for the compressor wheel i don't want to go too big. the guy i bought it off of said it'd be perfect for my alero because he had it on his eco cavi.
i don't know exactly what size i'm guessing somehwere around 60mm though. but i am no expert on turbo's and that's a guess.
from the looks of it, it seems like your trying to say i don't know anything by asking that out of the blue.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:20 PM   #11
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLego View Post
1. why do people get so defensive when someone is doing something cool to there car? can't you just say thats cool but you shouldn't go without a tune?

2. the guy i bought it off of said it'd be perfect for my alero.

1. we are trying to help you have a nice running car. not screw up more parts or have your car run like shit. why would we tell you something that would have a negative effect? it doesnt benefit us at all. I know I sure don't want a bunch of ghetto modded aleros running around like 90's civic. It would just make the rest of us look bad.

2. If I bought every part someone said was perfect for my truck, It would probably be a giant pile of parts. the better they make it sound, the easier it is to sell to you.
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:29 PM   #12
BlueLego
GX Member

dude i'm not retarded, i'm not a little kid that goes and buys everything someone tells me to. i've known this guy personally for quit some time now and i know how educated he is with this stuff. it's not off effing ebay.
Old 02-04-2011, 02:43 PM   #13
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
before you even start turbocharging your car u should built your engine. Then you can turbo your car a built engine will be able to hold more boost and be less likely to blow.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:59 PM   #14
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Everyones just giving advice theyre not trying to trash talk you or talk crap about What you want to do lol.

I want to put a turbo on mine. But that will happen in good time.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:19 PM   #15
BlueLego
GX Member

i'm buying another ecotec and building it up with forged internals and what not. i still need to be able to drive this and don't have time to yank the engine out and build it up. a full build takes alot of time and alot of money. boosting at 8 psi will be fine for stock.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:42 PM   #16
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
this sounds like epic fail, but hey who knows, ion was over 200k miles iirc pushing about that amount of boost.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:13 AM   #17
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
the L61 can do up to 10 psi on stock internals. i would however recommend checkin ur timing chain and tensioner before u take this on. some early L61s had tensioner issues. itd suck to jump into all this and then destroy your head. personally id do a forged bottom end and a ported top first, but thats just me ive had my baby garrett for like 2 yrs now and id rather do it right the first time. good luck
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #18
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLego View Post
a full build takes alot of time and alot of money. boosting at 8 psi will be fine for stock.

yes and yes....
Old 02-05-2011, 02:46 AM   #19
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Lego, you need to chill and do some reseach. Nobody is bashing you, but it also seems like you just want to turbo your car and be done with it. That doesn't work

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:31 PM   #20
BlueLego
GX Member

indeed, already went through the hard way with the timing problem. lost timing and bam! crushed intake valves. that happened a while back though.