Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 07-03-2011, 10:16 AM   #21
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
Thanks for the numbers on resistance MM, I'll try to check that out later today. Also I already knew how to check for bad motor/tranny mounts that way, but thanks anyway.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 02:04 PM   #22
GaryC
GX Member

GaryC is on a distinguished road
hubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucalare View Post
Ok here's the scoop: I have been having a scraping-rattling-clicking noise from my front left wheel for about a year now. I figured the bearing was going bad, but the signature idiot lights didn't come on so I figured I would wait. Well after the process of time the lights did come on, so I figured it was time to replace it.

So I bought a new hub, and read through the how-to on replacing it. I got everything torn apart and down to where I take off the hub, and I figured I should check it for play, just in case. I grabbed it at 12 and 6 and jerked back and forth, and there was absolutely no play. I thought this was weird, so I grabbed a stud and started turning it, and it made no noise, and there are no hard spots.

At this point I think to myself "well this is weird, what am I doing wrong?" I shrugged it off and put everything together, and after dinking around a little bit I think one of the anti rattle clips on my brake caliper is decidedly rattly.

So now I have two questions, will having a loose anti rattle clip be a hazard? It's been that way for at least a year (since I got the car) and nothing has blown up yet, so I'm thinking not. The other question: Why in the world are the anti-lock, trac off, and SVS lights on, if the hub isn't bad? Thanks for any input.

On an unrelated side note, I polished the letters on my intake manifold (3400 SFI) and retinted my tails today, and both look great.

I've had 3 hubs put on mine. Never had any lights come on. First time a loud clicking, second time a low growl, third time it wasn't the hub at all, it was a bad tire making a low speed growling/wobbling sound, but Midas charged me $300 just the same!!!!
GaryC is offline   Reply With Quote