Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 07-03-2011, 05:05 AM   #1
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
weird...

so i was backing out of a parking space today not even touching the gas and the car suddenly shudders and the low traction light comes on for about 3 seconds. i put it into drive and drive away fine... this is the first time its happened. wtf?
mastershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a wheel speed sensor, just guessing though. If it happens again, take the time to test the resistance of the hubs.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
I agree with him, mine did the same thing a few days ago right after shifting to drive.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 01:24 PM   #4
mastershake
GL Member

mastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond reputemastershake has a reputation beyond repute
that sounds about right, seeing as i get the ABS, trac off, and svs light randomly all the time and i know its not a wheel hub...

by the way, if its just a faulty sensor and all the lights come on, do i still have abs? or does it disable it
Old 07-03-2011, 01:39 PM   #5
whiterider00
GLS member

whiterider00 is on a distinguished road
Disables it
whiterider00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 05:25 PM   #6
Lucalare
GLS member

Lucalare is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Lucalare
You'll have to replace a hub to fix it. As for me I'm not going to as I hate traction control and I'm perfectly capable of pumping my brakes if need be.
Lucalare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2011, 09:43 PM   #7
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastershake View Post
that sounds about right, seeing as i get the ABS, trac off, and svs light randomly all the time and i know its not a wheel hub...

does it happen when you hit a bump? could help isolate your problem to a part of the harness
Old 07-03-2011, 11:04 PM   #8
mastershake
GL Member

no it hasnt happened going over a bump, it usually comes on when i turn the car on, and the abs checks itself (i can hear it). it will come on AS the abs is checking itself or sometimes a minute after. also sometimes it comes on when i have the steering wheel cranked and all the time in wet weather/after i wash it.
Old 07-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
you might look and find a wire has been chaffed or is starting to break. wet weather and "cranked" steering wheel kinda gives me that idea.