Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > At The Track

Old 07-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #41
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Shut up ken!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:13 AM   #42
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
i wheel hopped like a SOB out the hole. So once i go a few more times i can get it down better.

What material are your engine and trans mounts? Poly ones could help here. Also the control arm bushings can be upgraded to poly to reduce some of the flex under acceleration.

Quote:
I shifted at 5800

Well, you want to pay attention to your RPM you're landing in the next gear. If you're shifting at 5800 in first to second, you're ending up at around 3000 after the shift? Not necessarily that bad, peak torque is around 4000 RPM.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #43
02AleroGLS
GX Member

02AleroGLS is on a distinguished road
Hey my reaction times were bad cause i was nervous cause they kept lining me up against fast cars lol. I asked about using my pcm.cause i have 2 of them. The factory stock pcm and the one from mpracing.
02AleroGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:35 AM   #44
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
You guys have to remenber milzy tuned his car. The factory torque curve many be extended
Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 PM   #45
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02AleroGLS View Post
Ok would they allow me to use my pcm to let them tune? Jw

I have an old pcm I will sell you as a core if you want.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 PM   #46
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
You guys have to remenber milzy tuned his car. The factory torque curve many be extended

Unless he has different cam the torque curve didn't go anywhere. I set my WOT shift points at 6200rpm with milzy's stage 2 cam.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #47
mfuller

He is shifting maybe a tad high. Stock cam, I'd shift maybe 5500-5600, as the power peak is around 5100. Better tires will help.
Old 07-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #48
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
What material are your engine and trans mounts? Poly ones could help here. Also the control arm bushings can be upgraded to poly to reduce some of the flex under acceleration.

Well, you want to pay attention to your RPM you're landing in the next gear. If you're shifting at 5800 in first to second, you're ending up at around 3000 after the shift? Not necessarily that bad, peak torque is around 4000 RPM.

Its about 3000 or so after shifting around there i think? Cant rember (just woke up literally 2 min ago) i can verify later for sure.

Engine and trans mounts from my understanding, are a better material (stiffer) then poly bushings. Yeah i was reading last night that poly pushings can help on wheel hop. A slick could really help as well. But i cant find a slick in 17" that will fit. So i have to stick with a DR tire.

Quote:
Hey my reaction times were bad cause i was nervous cause they kept lining me up against fast cars lol. I asked about using my pcm.cause i have 2 of them. The factory stock pcm and the one from mpracing.

Dont be nervous, who cares about the big guys. Worry about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
He is shifting maybe a tad high. Stock cam, I'd shift maybe 5500-5600, as the power peak is around 5100. Better tires will help.

Going home last night i did a few pulls on country roads (alone) shifting at 5500, ill have to try that at the track.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:26 PM   #49
mfuller

Quote:
Engine and trans mounts from my understanding, are a better material (stiffer) then poly bushings.
It's Delrin. Basically an engineering thermoplastic.
Old 07-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #50
sleepyalero
GLS member

Thanks matt

What he said!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 07:53 PM   #51
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:

That's your first problem, you have to have a zen like approach.

On one of my point days in June, they has 2 GM only classes so I ran my points class and "GM Trophy" class (it was cheaper than GM Money class and I'm not THAT good)

My Delta is slower than slow, dialed at a 18.76 that day. Pulled a 79 Malibu with a BBC, from NYC, car was running 11's.

As soon as we were paired, he was revving his engine acting all big and bad. I ingorned his ass. He kept doing it acting like this POS, high 18's, Delta shouldn't be here. I actually thought he was going to blow the motor that how much he was revving.

Lights drop for me, I cut my best light of the day, .017, I'm at about half track and he was still revving until his tree started to drop. He launched, I could see his bottom end, and here he comes, and at the finish line, I hit the brakes at about the 1200' mark, crossed the finish line in the low 19's with a mid 60's MPH, then he passes me.

Douchebag actually pulls up next to me, calling me all sorts of names, ripping on my car and I say this "Enjoy the turnpike home, first rounder, and let everybody know that a Philly boy kicked your ass." (New Yorkers, more so from the city of NY, hate us Philly people, so we hate them back)

He sped off.

Bottom line, don't care what the other car does. He may be faster, he may be slower. Watch your tree, Mash the gas when the third amber comes on, and just go.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177

Last edited by Redog : 07-26-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #52
02AleroGLS
GX Member

Yeah thats one way to look at it lol its just nerve racking when that happens
Old 07-26-2013, 09:32 PM   #53
sleepyalero
GLS member

Out of my 4 runs i got beat by the car beside me. Raced a dokota that was pretty fast, and a colbolt ss, got him on launch but he blew by me and rand a 14.0xx other 2 i dont remember what i raced. But i just worry about me, who cares bout the other cars. I was there to get times, not race.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-26-2013, 10:06 PM   #54
02AleroGLS
GX Member

Yeah i have a hard time not getting intimidated when they line me up next to like a z28 or somethin lol! The 2nd lap time was me racing me in his mitsubishi diamante.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #55
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
You have to shake that

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #56
02AleroGLS
GX Member

Yeah i really do. I wanna make this car fast so bad but i just dont know where to wisely put my money.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:04 AM   #57
sleepyalero
GLS member

Everywhere. You want serious power... Boost it
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 07-27-2013, 05:58 AM   #58
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
I dont have stock wheels nor would they fit most likely with my 13" baer rotors

Get aluminum/alloy wheels. They're a lot lighter than the chrome ones you have now. That's really your problem. I never bought rims for my cars because I can never find anything lighter than my stock wheels that didn't look tacky.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:03 AM   #59
jawa