Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 12-09-2016, 09:39 PM   #1
Fabian_7s
GX Member

Fabian_7s is on a distinguished road
My windows keep fogging up

Hey guys i've been having trouble with my alero recently! Every time i drive it for longer than 10 minutes in the snow the windows start to get really really foggy! It's starting to worry me because i have to drive at night alot with these shorter days and it's my only car my heater works perfectly fine i put my hand over it and it feels really hot but it struggles to defog my windshield for some reason. My A/C went out a couple months ago i think it has a leak but i never bothered finding out where it was leaking since summer was over by then. Anyways i heard that when you point the heater to the windshield it turns on the A/c too and it acts like a dehumidifier. Wouuld my A/c not working cause my windows to fog up so bad? Sorry if my post doesnt make a whole lot of sense this is stressing me out and i wanna get it fixed as fast as i can i love this car and dont want to get rid of it
Fabian_7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 06:15 AM   #2
1970cs
GX Member

1970cs is on a distinguished road
I think you answered your own question. Yes, the a/c removes the humidity.

Seems like my car does the same thing when cool ambient temps show up. Always running defrost and rear defrost. Don't know what happens during winter, mine has never seen snow or salt conditions.

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 08:57 AM   #3
03Alerosil
GL Member

03Alerosil is on a distinguished road
That sounds like a leaky heater core. Yes the heat works fine but the added moisture from the leak causes windows to fog up. The crappy part is that it's buried in the center of the dash behind the HVAC controls and you can't easily tell visually if it's leaking.
03Alerosil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 10:41 PM   #4
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Also, remove the snow from your car. Don't leave the immediate source of temperature contrast cause present near your windshield. I do remember that these cars can fog up like crazy, but once you take most of the snow off the rest gets melted pretty quickly. After melt, realize that too much heat can again, fog your window up, so you may have to roll the window down or turn your heat down to match the temperature up a little bit. Sounds counterintuitive, but sometimes you gotta play by mother nature's rules to get by.