KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
lol Turbo Muffler
Quote:
Originally Posted by natedawg9640 View Post

KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:01 AM   #42
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blktrax View Post

Power vs. Reliability on a long term time-line; Those, of course that have had the experience of grenading a few motors tend to shy away from super high increases of power because reliability becomes a total unknown.

i disagree.......
Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #43
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
well, let me reinforce Kyle's point here.

I've been running in excess of 10psi regularly for what, 3 years now?

Same engine I don't baby this thing either, I outright hammer the crap out of it all the time.

It's all a matter of whether you know the limits, operate within your limits, and most importantly, tune correctly. With proper tune, and ample fuel supply, I'm pretty certain I can push one of these STOCK blocks past 20psi with only using either copper or MLS headgaskets and using ARP studs.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:40 AM   #44
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's not just the tune, the internal parts just cannot handle that amount of force made by a certain increase in power output... it's not about pressure, it's about power output when it comes to pistons/rods.

I disagree too (along with kwhauck). My head gasket blew from too much boost, but here I am pushing the same amount of pressure. I put in a stronger gasket and ARP head studs this time. Now that it's reinforced, the worries have lifted. If you break something, you simply make it stronger. It's not going to keep one from modding.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 11:01 AM   #45
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
If you break something, you simply make it stronger. It's not going to keep one from modding.

Exactly what I have been doing
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 12:45 PM   #46
Blktrax
GX Member

Blktrax is on a distinguished road
I aggree with everything that has been said here. Im not trying to patronize anyone or say any one thing is wrong or right. I personaly dont have the complete understanding of what any other person as or has not done.

Mostly thinking how you sneeze and these things blow LIMG's.

Overall I'm just of the opinon that as long as the motor itself is build strong enough, then of course it will hold, then its a matter of engineering the plumbing to get the turbos hooked up, but it appears its going to take a lot of unconvential tactics.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:19 PM   #47
Caboose73

you can do the rear mount system http://www.grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78090
Old 11-15-2009, 04:51 PM   #48
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
you can, but his results so far have been what i would classify as less than desirable.......
Old 11-15-2009, 04:59 PM   #49
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
you can, but his results so far have been what i would classify as less than desirable.......

He himself considers his a low-medium boost application, and made a lot of expedient compromises to get it done... but the twin scroll and unique controller system he was going for didn't quite materialize, iirc., had trouble sourcing parts.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:11 AM   #50
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, let me modify my earlier statement. it "CAN" be done, but not worth it for the results vs. what you have to go through to get any reasonable results. That's WAY too long of a charge pipe to get the instant power I'm after, and I can achieve the results I'm after with the simple addition of the NO2, and/or a higher stall speed converter (which will be added after the cam). Either one being much less financial impact vs. fabricating a whole additional turbo setup.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:06 AM   #51
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Yeah, let me modify my earlier statement. it "CAN" be done, but not worth it for the results vs. what you have to go through to get any reasonable results. That's WAY too long of a charge pipe to get the instant power I'm after, and I can achieve the results I'm after with the simple addition of the NO2, and/or a higher stall speed converter (which will be added after the cam). Either one being much less financial impact vs. fabricating a whole additional turbo setup.

hey what the hell, you have tickets for my thought train.......
Old 11-22-2009, 03:00 AM   #52
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Ok, finally got to the point where I can use it. I seriously need a purge system for it though. I thought it didn't work at first because it completely shut down my engine the first few times I sprayed from a 2800 RPM launch, but after I got it rolling.....found out there were still a few air bubbles in the line.

I want to put this out there. This thing was stupid-fast to begin with, but when I sprayed, the car damned near launched off the ground. All I can say is, well worth it. I burned rubber from a 40mph roll with well-heated BFG GForce T/A drag radials.

Old 11-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #53
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
yea that shit is crazy, how big of a nozzle you running?

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 09:37 AM   #54
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Quote:
Ok, finally got to the point where I can use it. I seriously need a purge system for it though. I thought it didn't work at first because it completely shut down my engine the first few times I sprayed from a 2800 RPM launch, but after I got it rolling.....found out there were still a few air bubbles in the line.

I want to put this out there. This thing was stupid-fast to begin with, but when I sprayed, the car damned near launched off the ground. All I can say is, well worth it. I burned rubber from a 40mph roll with well-heated BFG GForce T/A drag radials.

Same thing here man. I've been trying to get a purge valve but I haven't scraped up the money yet.
BTW how much does your local shop charge you for a refil? They charge me 4.75/lb here
Old 11-22-2009, 11:13 AM   #55
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:

Just curious what brand/model of nozzle are you using...
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 01:22 PM   #56
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicX View Post
BTW how much does your local shop charge you for a refil? They charge me 4.75/lb here
$4/lb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Just curious what brand/model of nozzle are you using...
NX Shark Nozzle

Old 11-22-2009, 11:53 PM   #57
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
NX Shark Nozzle

Good on that one. I know there's been tons of issues with the NOS Fogger 2. I know someone who actually had the car lean out from the nitrous pressure pushing the fuel back in the line.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 12:27 AM   #58
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Yeah, the Shark Nozzle has independent passages for both the fuel and the NO2, they just merge together in the open primary passage in the nozzle, so neither can affect the other. Good point Cliff. Actually, this is my first experience with NO2 on an EFI configuration. The last setup I had was a direct port NO2 injection system on a '70 Superbee, 440/6pack. Man, have you ever seen a tank get sideways from a 50mph roll? LOL

Sorry I missed this one earlier Gr1m:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
yea that shit is crazy, how big of a nozzle you running?

It's not the size of the nozzle, it's the size of the jets

I'm actually not running that big of jets, it's the NO2 stacked with the turbo that gave it that rediculous amount of power. From a 40mph cruise roll (no boost), I hammered it, which kicked down the trans, pumped the RPM's, and threw me instantly into 10psi (street boost) and I then sprayed giving it that extra kick in the ass. Results = smoked the freaking meat off the rims.

Old 11-23-2009, 07:44 AM   #59
Bad99Olds
New and Improved

Bad99Olds is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Bad99Olds
God that is so awesome.....
Bad99Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 08:32 AM   #60
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Quote:
Yeah, the Shark Nozzle has independent passages for both the fuel and the NO2, they just merge together in the open primary passage in the nozzle, so neither can affect the other. Good point Cliff. Actually, this is my first experience with NO2 on an EFI configuration. The last setup I had was a direct port NO2 injection system on a '70 Superbee, 440/6pack. Man, have you ever seen a tank get sideways from a 50mph roll? LOL

Sorry I missed this one earlier Gr1m:

It's not the size of the nozzle, it's the size of the jets

I'm actually not running that big of jets, it's the NO2 stacked with the turbo that gave it that rediculous amount of power. From a 40mph cruise roll (no boost), I hammered it, which kicked down the trans, pumped the RPM's, and threw me instantly into 10psi (street boost) and I then sprayed giving it that extra kick in the ass. Results = smoked the freaking meat off the rims.

Do you use a blowdown tube?