Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > Forced Induction Performance

Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 PM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
shouldn't it have some kind of filter on the front of it?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah. i'm putting screen mesh on tomorrow just to prevent big stuff from getting in. the firewall material already has been almost sucked in lol. i'm ordering a filter that fits there, it's a very tight spot so i need to get a special short filter for it.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:55 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbHeLlRaZoR View Post
Ion your car is sick and all but as a daily driver it's on the impractical side.
Why? It drives like normal. Plus I get great mileage.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:59 PM   #24
AbHeLlRaZoR
Canada's Ghost

AbHeLlRaZoR is on a distinguished road
It's nice, it's fast, you have money invested in it, it would effing suck to wreck it, if you live around people who are anything like some of the people that live around here you'd have a novel scratched into your doors.
Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 AM   #25
mfuller

This just in......
Chris's transmission comtemplating divorcing the engine.
More after the next OMGBOOST test ride.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #26
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
i'd DD it... i'd hate to see it just sit in the garage not being driven. it's too peeerty. and i would love the look on people's face when they get creamed by an alero. ahhh that's my favorite part haha. just carry good insurance and it'll be ok! haha
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:35 AM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfuller View Post
This just in......
Chris's transmission comtemplating divorcing the engine.
More after the next OMGBOOST test ride.
4T40E > 4T45E

It shows no signs of letting up whatsoever. HPTuners reports perfect shift times and response. Line pressure's upped, shift time's reduced. We'll really find out at the track sometime in a few weeks when I put slicks on.. but I'm going to take it easy for a while after I get a decent pass, until I have enough money to replace and build a trans.

Next week I should have an intake manifold almost identical to this:

Old 04-09-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
holly shit that will look great. What PSI are you going to go with after the tune.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #29
Alerojester
GL Member

Alerojester is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Alerojester
Man now i want to get mine running and turbo'd damn it Ion your making me jealous well at least i can read about your fun

stock 2.4-building a WAI to a CAI 3A Racing muffler- ~Kicker Door speakers and Power Accustic rear speakers 10% tint 18x7.5 Alt Sonix, 2001 GLS sedan
Alerojester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 12:25 PM   #30
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLw7123 View Post
holly shit that will look great. What PSI are you going to go with after the tune.
Same pressure for now... I don't need to break the transmission just yet. 15 is plenty fine. I've got to wait to tune until my 60lb injectors are installed next week.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:57 PM   #31
Rexter9x
V.I.P. Member

Rexter9x is on a distinguished road
So I'm curious, doesnt the 99-04 Malibu come with the 4t40e? If so, wouldnt the make a good candidate for a tranny swap on the 3400?
Rexter9x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #32
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Nice setup C2. Looking good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexter9x View Post
So I'm curious, doesnt the 99-04 Malibu come with the 4t40e? If so, wouldnt the make a good candidate for a tranny swap on the 3400?

Guess it would depend on what engine it came with, not sure, but I do know my buddy's 13 sec 2000 Malibu had a 3100/4t45e before he swapped in the 3400.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:25 AM   #33
[ion] C2
636 whp

If you're going to do any swap on the 3400, I'd just jump right to a beefier transmission from the factory, and build that if need be. Me, I'm going to pick up a low mileage 4T40E and build that eventually.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:35 AM   #34
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
If you're going to do any swap on the 3400, I'd just jump right to a beefier transmission from the factory, and build that if need be. Me, I'm going to pick up a low mileage 4T40E and build that eventually.

We did a 3400 swap into a cavy and kept the 4t40 in it, and it was plenty torquey. I imagine it was the gear ratio based on a 4-banger combined with the displacement

Old 04-10-2010, 12:37 AM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

Man I hope you come to ASS. It'd be pretty sweet me and you going down the track.
Old 04-10-2010, 01:24 AM   #36
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

hope so too bro. Not looking promising, but still a possibility. I'm farther north from Arizona now, but still quite a ways west.

Old 04-10-2010, 08:19 AM   #37
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
good god that much be an amazing ride. i give you my props for building such a beautiful car. so. this the biggest turbo you're going?
Old 04-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #38
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yep this is my top tier. Sufficient for up to 525HP, good enough for me. 11s is all I seek in the end.
Old 04-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #39
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Yep this is my top tier. Sufficient for up to 525HP, good enough for me. 11s is all I seek in the end.

then what? are you done, sell and restart?
Old 04-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

No.. why would I do that? There's always something to do on the car. If not, I just drive it.. I'll have other cars but this one stays forever.