Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 10-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #21
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
Hmm my friend did this months ago to his Talon (painted whole car), looks pretty sweet and it really does stay on there!

Nice work sleepy!

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:10 PM   #22
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
The only stuff I found around here is at NAPA, but it's a different brand and costs $12 a can...

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=plasti+dip&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0& D=plasti+dip&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:38 PM   #23
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I just had an idea... Is there any reason this wouldn't work on interior componets? They could even be painted then and just striped off back to normal whenever wanted right?
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 02:48 PM   #24
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I wish I would have done that....
Old 10-21-2011, 02:50 PM   #25
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
I wish I would have done that....

Ya... Your interior disagreed with the paint quite a bit. You go over it again and try plastic dipping first and see what happens?
Old 10-21-2011, 03:04 PM   #26
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

I'm wondering if the plasti dip will help remove the old paint when I go to peel it off. haha

I'm not touching the interior anymore. haha
Old 10-21-2011, 06:10 PM   #27
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by RisenequinoX View Post
Hmm my friend did this months ago to his Talon (painted whole car), looks pretty sweet and it really does stay on there!

Nice work sleepy!

thank you sir!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
The only stuff I found around here is at NAPA, but it's a different brand and costs $12 a can...

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Result.aspx?Ntt=plasti+dip&Ntk=Keyword&Nty=1&Dn=0& D=plasti+dip&Dk=1&Dp=3&N=0

it didnt show me anything, is there a home depot around you?

idk how it would look on interior, try it? lol

papa rad, if you could pull that rim idea off that would be sweet.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:18 PM   #28
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
where in home depot did you get it? like what department? I tried the paint dept but the guy said they didnt have it.
Old 10-21-2011, 08:15 PM   #29
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
In Canada, apparently you can only get it at Home Hardware. It wasn't with the paint, it was in the tool section.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:55 PM   #30
foxsdaddy67
GX Member

foxsdaddy67 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to foxsdaddy67
wonder how the dash would look sprayed with it? lol
foxsdaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 AM   #31
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsdaddy67 View Post
wonder how the dash would look sprayed with it? lol

When I get a free day I plan on taking it to my interior. It's going to be all red and black.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #32
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

We have a Lowes... I might stop in there and see if it's there.... The yellow isn't in spray can form... It's in a metal can that you dip the tools into (since that's what it's originally designed for).
Old 10-22-2011, 02:46 PM   #33
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
ahh that sucks cavs! maybe amazon or something will have it in spray form?

billy i found it at the paint section where you get paint for a house like for the walls and stuff.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:30 PM   #34
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay i just looked on amazon.com for plasti dip spray, these are the only colors they offer for anyone interested... black, red, and looks like clear.

heres the link.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=...ti+ dip+spray
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #35
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
So i found it at the home depot for about $6.
I love this stuff. you can literally not cover anything and just spray away. Then when your done just wipe it away.

All my badges on the back are off so i did the front.

Now im just trying different things so i did my door handle. I kinda like it but i dont know if i should do the whole thing or just the handle part.

always wanted to see what gas tank looked like but from far away it looks terrible and looks like a lady bug spot (yea i know i need to clean my tires, i just took off my summer rims)

When i have time, (maybe tm) i will do my stock rims.
Anybody do the stock rims yet?
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:18 PM   #36
sleepyalero
GLS member

nice work! i dont like the gas cap but thats just me. and i think i would stick to just to doing the actual handle on the door handle and not the whole thing. but to each his own! badge looks good though! glad to see someone else tried the stuff.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-22-2011, 11:25 PM   #37
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah, the gas cap, you are just making it stand out even more!
Old 10-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #38
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Sweeet! I'm deffinatly doing door handles and badges. Maybe the gas cover... I'm thinking it might look better on the 4 door sence it will have the 2 handles on the side to help complemt it to. Also, what about the spoiler? Iv been wanting to see what it'd look like black for a long time.
Old 10-23-2011, 04:41 AM   #39
sleepyalero
GLS member

interesting idea about the spoiler..... try it out.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-23-2011, 07:41 AM   #40
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Now don't go crazy with it, kids....