Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 01-14-2012, 08:24 PM   #1
Vitamin CC
GX Member

Vitamin CC is on a distinguished road
2.4 GMPP Reflash

Hey guys,
I recently picked up a M45 kit that im going to put on my alero. I was going to put the kit on, and drive it to the dealer for the reflash, but im thinking im probably going to end up getting hp tuners because I know im going to end up dropping a pulley size or two. But my question is, can I download the GM reflash for the manual trans N-body off of the hp tuners web site? Or can someone send me the HPT file? I just want the stock GM reflash, can someone help me out?
Vitamin CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Just have the dealer flash it from the start, it will make life way easier. Still, get HPTuners, but it's better to have the dealer upgrade your tune initially, so you retain the same VIN number in the OS.

Driving it will be hard. You'll need to leave the 1 bar MAP sensor installed, and ziptie the bypass valve open so it doesn't boost. Even then, it will likely be pretty rich considering the injectors will be larger.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:56 PM   #3
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
or use a CAA membership and get it towed to the dealership... then it costs nothing and you don't damage anything from running it lol

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #4
Vitamin CC
GX Member

I cant just use HP tuners to put on the GM reflash? Because it would save me a hell of alot of cash. Were i live they want $135+ just to do the flash. I might as well put that towards HT tuners. If i can just flash it myself I wouldnt have to worry about driving it to the dealer and doing any damage to the car. So my question....can I get the GM reflash from the HP tuners website if I buy HP tuners? Or Can someone send me the flash?
Old 01-15-2012, 10:10 PM   #5
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
That's obscene, here it cost me $80, which is still high.

You can flash it yourself but you'll have to change your VIN in the computer to whoever's tune you use.. it can get complicated.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:55 PM   #6
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
welcome to canadian pricing... it is stupid what they charge up here for stuff like that... especially at the dealerships...

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 09:57 PM   #7
Vitamin CC
GX Member

Bah so it sounds like HP Tuners doesnt have the stock GM tune then? I thought they did....does anyone have HPT? Could they check for me? It would just make my life a lot easier if i could use HPT and put on the GM reflash, that way I could put the kit on in the garage at my parent place, insted of in my driveway. And if I did use someones tune why do I have to use there vin? Cant i just copy there tune but not the vin?
Old 01-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

HPTuners is just a tuning program that lets you edit what you have. There's tunes floating around in an online database though, but they're from other cars.

When you change the OS you have to use "Write Entire" which writes the entire system to your car, which means their OS, their VIN information, everything.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:25 PM   #9
guiguilandry
Premier V.I.P. Member

guiguilandry is on a distinguished road
Where are you located in ontario, I'M in quebec and I have a stock gmpp tune for a 2000 alero and I have a HPtuner also I can tune if for you....

www.demonautosport.ca
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2941359
http://demonautosport.monchar.com/
guiguilandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:08 PM   #10
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitamin CC View Post
Bah so it sounds like HP Tuners doesnt have the stock GM tune then? I thought they did....does anyone have HPT? Could they check for me? It would just make my life a lot easier if i could use HPT and put on the GM reflash, that way I could put the kit on in the garage at my parent place, insted of in my driveway. And if I did use someones tune why do I have to use there vin? Cant i just copy there tune but not the vin?

HPTuners does not supply you with tunes. You make your own tunes. HPTuners provides you with SOFTWARE to be able to MODIFY the tune that is pre-existing on your PCM. The other tunes that are available on HPTuners forums and this forum are uploads from what people have on THEIR PCM that THEY kept STOCK or TWEAKED.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:11 PM   #11
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38701
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote