Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 03-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
troubleshoot this wierd radio issue

ok long story short, kenwood kdc-x997 brand new i have a 4 channel amp and sub amp all work great. when i turn the internal radio amp off i lose my sound now heres whats wierd the amps stay on radios on just no sound, i tripple checked my wiring its all good. this is where it gets wierder if i turn internal amp off while cars on my sounds is on once i turn the car off and back on sound is gone. now with internal amp on the sound never turns off. i should be able to turn my internal amp off like i have with every other radio on the past. i cannot figurte out why its doing that any ideas? i dont have factory amp or onstar from stock radio its just my 4 channel my sub amp and my head unit.
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:03 AM   #2
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
Did you buy the harness adapter for the car? It is a little box that mounts under the dash and plugs into the factory radio harness. I would guess that it would either be that, or your internal amplifier is shot.
Old 03-17-2013, 08:03 PM   #3
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
just posting so you i know i'm here
Old 03-17-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
just posting so you i know i'm here

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:12 AM   #5
slrr123
GX Member

slrr123 is on a distinguished road
The problem that you seem to have occurring is usual.. That option is for when you go up to the DB meter and you want to turn off the highs amp to prevent blowing your speakers under a burp. I noticed that option on my old KDC-X496 and it was very handy testing out subs without annoying people with my profane rap music lmao. Keep that setting on cause its the internal amp in your head unit not your car.
slrr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 02:14 AM   #6
slrr123
GX Member

slrr123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slrr123 View Post
The problem that you seem to have occurring is usual.. That option is for when you go up to the DB meter and you want to turn off the highs amp to prevent blowing your speakers under a burp. I noticed that option on my old KDC-X496 and it was very handy testing out subs without annoying people with my profane rap music lmao. Keep that setting on cause its the internal amp in your head unit not your car.

Also check and see if the mute wire is not getting grounded.. that will cause all kinds of fishy stuff to happen..
slrr123 is offline   Reply With Quote