Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 09-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #1
declined_imp
GX Member

declined_imp is on a distinguished road
weight loss

hey guys, i was wondering if anyone knew where to get some polycarbonate car windows for the alero.
declined_imp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:50 AM   #2
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
A place that makes windows with that stuff? There is NO WAY there's a place to just click and buy those windows for our cars. Can barely find basic aftermarket parts Lighter windows would be nice (especially for us with coupes)....less clip breakage
Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Have a place make custom ones..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:59 AM   #4
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
But those are only flat shape, aren't they, you could not make a curved one, I'm guessing? .... You could try to make some that don't roll up or down... tie a cord to them and pull them up lol
Old 09-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #5
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
But those are only flat shape, aren't they, you could not make a curved one, I'm guessing? .... You could try to make some that don't roll up or down... tie a cord to them and pull them up lol

Surely they can, they make polycarbonate lenses for glasses or goggles and they are curved...I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap though..
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Pro Glass Preformed Lexan Windows
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
DJx79x
GX Member

DJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond reputeDJx79x has a reputation beyond repute
Is the weight differential enough to justify the cost of doing this?
DJx79x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:47 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The glass is only ~100lb I think. Does anyone know the actual numbers?
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:54 PM   #9
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
There is a company called Clear One in ohio that I've used. They sell windows for like $150 for the front and rear, $75 for door windows, etc. This is just sheets of 1/8" lexan that you would cut to shape. If you want them to do it for you, they would need the car of course, and the price is about twice that. They can curve them to shape though by using heat and molding them to the stock glass. The rear window in my race car is the only one I did lexan, mostly because I was always in a time crunch, plus I had already bought a new front windshield right after I had the cage built (had to remove windshield to install cage). The rear one I did, I just used a flat sheet of 1/8" lexan, and then I used a riv-nut tool to rivet in a bunch of threaded bungs to attach the windshield, and then I used a countersink and a bunch of flathead 10-32 stainless bolts. They supply a little nerf gasket to go around the perimeter of the windshield between the lip and glass. You also have to put some windshield RTV sealant between the lip and glass to get it to seal up right. Also you have to be careful not to overtorque the bolts as this will cause the lexan to dimple in at the fastener.

Be careful putting a lexan windshield in, because when I did that to my grand am, that is when it ceased to be a grand am, and transformed into the "non-grand am" it is now. Atleast that is what the grandamgt.com shot-callers said when they said my car could not hold the record for the fastest GA.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction

Last edited by MilzyZ34 : 11-11-2013 at 06:57 PM.
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
natedawg9640
V.I.P. Member

natedawg9640 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to natedawg9640
is there some legality to be aware of? i can only presume that modifying the windshield with something structurally different would affect road legality.

WEBSITE is up! www.rebadgedesign.com
natedawg9640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 PM   #11
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Dont suggest lexan at all for a car that is more than a drag or trailer queen... it scratches and is illegal on street cars afaik

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 11-11-2013 at 10:25 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Only illegal if you get caught!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 12:36 AM   #13
declined_imp
GX Member

thanks for the info... i actually forgot about this thread. But the weight is not a problem anymore. I'm just trying to get it stock to sell it because I bought a Nissan 240sx.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:49 AM   #14
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Nice what year douce foh
Old 11-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #15
declined_imp
GX Member

its a 93 with the KA engine DOHC
Old 11-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #16
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by declined_imp View Post
its a 93 with the KA engine DOHC

my fabricator at my shop is a 240 expert. you should hit me up if you need any parts, and i'll give you his info.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #17
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Mike, you and I both know if it was "ANYONE ALIVE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET", other than you, that built that car the record would stand. If you look back at my time on that, or any other Grand Am site, was about the same time I said to hell with the platform. The Grand Am community changed in ways that I just could not stomach anymore. I've said more times than I can count now, if your N body, go to Aleromod. Hell I dont even own one anymore and this is where I hang my hat... end rant...

Last edited by MMGT1 : 11-12-2013 at 06:30 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #18
declined_imp
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilzyZ34 View Post
my fabricator at my shop is a 240 expert. you should hit me up if you need any parts, and i'll give you his info.

sounds good man, thanks.
Old 11-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #19
MilzyZ34
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Mike, you and I both know if it was "ANYONE ALIVE ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET", other than you, that built that car the record would stand. If you look back at my time on that, or any other Grand Am site, was about the same time I said to hell with the platform. The Grand Am community changed in ways that I just could not stomach anymore. I've said more times than I can count now, if your N body, go to Aleromod. Hell I dont even own one anymore and this is where I hang my hat... end rant...

If only they admired that car or were inspired by it instead of being jealous of it, the N-body world would be a whole different place. Instead there is no competition because no one has beaten my record (or non-record?), and no one is inspired to go faster. Yay mediocrity. Sorry, end rant too.