Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 12-18-2017, 05:29 PM   #1
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to MilzyZ34
MMS Holiday Sale 2017 Bigger then Ever!

Ho Ho Ho. Merry Christmas, and Happy Holidays to all. We've been in business for 15 years now, and I thought what better way to celebrate that to offer even bigger savings on our annual Holiday Sale. Normally we feature 5-10 items for our Holiday Sale. This year to commemorate 15 years, we've got 15 product lines on sale.

1) PCM's - 20% off
2) T304 downpipes - 10% off
3) Billet throttle bodies (and Northstars for 3800 guys) - 10% off
4) MMS Standard Performance Packages - even bigger discounts than usual
5) MMS Tubular rear cradle for W-body's. Sorry this is a W-body only part, but we can make a N-body version if there is enough interest
6) MMS radiators - 10% off
7) F-body brake conversions - 10% off
8) Ported intake manifolds - 10% off
9) Powdercoated intake package for 3100/3400/3500 - 10% off
10) Ported exhaust manifolds (and Tubular front exhaust manifolds for 3800) - 10% off
11) Cold air intakes - 10% off
12) MMS Powdercoated/Rebuilt alternators - 13% off
13) Modular SC pulley kits for 3800's - 10% off
14) EGR deletes - 20% off
15) 4t45e billet transmission mounts - 10% off (polyurethane dogbone bushings for 3800 guys)

All of these items are listed in the Specials section of our website here ...
http://www.milzymotorsports.com/spec...sort=pricedesc

Hope you guys have a great Holiday this year.
1977 Corvette - LS1/LS6 T56 - Under Construction
MilzyZ34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Can I actually order a Milzy n-body radiator and receive it in a reasonable time? I always liked the idea of getting one from you guys, but that whole "group buy/several months" prevents me from ordering.

I will get one today if it's in-stock as I would love to have a radiator ready to go and just tell the installer to make it work.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
MilzyZ34
GX Member

MilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond reputeMilzyZ34 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Can I actually order a Milzy n-body radiator and receive it in a reasonable time? I always liked the idea of getting one from you guys, but that whole "group buy/several months" prevents me from ordering.

I will get one today if it's in-stock as I would love to have a radiator ready to go and just tell the installer to make it work.

Yeah, we run into this sometimes with products like this that are low quantity. Unfortunately, when you're trying to sell high quality party for reasonable prices at low quantities, usually this comes along with a longer lead-time.

It also depends what you consider a "reasonable amount of time". These radiators are completely custom-made and over the years, the average lead-time when we are out of stock has been probably 3 months. Sometimes if the manufacturer is out of the cores we use, it takes even longer. It all hinges on that bar and plate core we use. It's what makes our radiators better than anything else, but it also is what takes the time sometimes.

Anyways we've got some radiators we need to order, and we're putting the radiators on sale during this time as a sort of group buy. We're basically trying to group together the radiators we sell during the sale with those we already have to make, and lowering the price to make it easier to get in on the deal. My manufacturer wants to raise the cost of these radiators, which in turn will raise the price, so in order to combat that, I'm trying to order in bigger quantities in an effort to try to keep the price the same. There is not a minimum amount of orders we need to start production, so if we only sell a radiator or two during the sale, we're not going to cancel the orders and say we can't do it. So if one of our radiators has been on your wish list for a while, now would be a good time to get in on the deal because it's likely we may not sell them for this price again.
Old 12-19-2017, 04:28 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's definitely a low price, but price isn't an issue. What is the lead time currently? Should be easy to project since you know the cutoff for the sale and have an idea how many will sell combined with how many are on order.

Shoot me a price that makes it worthwhile for the manufacturer to get me one in January.
[ion] C2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2017, 01:34 PM   #5
MilzyZ34
GX Member

Quote:
It's definitely a low price, but price isn't an issue. What is the lead time currently? Should be easy to project since you know the cutoff for the sale and have an idea how many will sell combined with how many are on order.

Shoot me a price that makes it worthwhile for the manufacturer to get me one in January.

Well I wouldn't know how many radiators are sold during this sale until the sale is over. I won't know how many cores to order until this time, and the lead-time depends on the availability of the cores, which also again depends on how many we order.

Lead-time is always a tricky thing to quote people, atleast when your depending on other people/companies to get something done, and when there are many factors at play. I realize the long lead-times on these radiators compared to other products is the one thing holding us back from selling more of them, which is why I am trying to combat that by making a larger run of them. The bottom line though is even a run of 20 is still a short run for manufacturer standards. Even 100 might be a short-run. I don't know that there is a price, or atleast any price even close to reasonable that would make one of these radiators happen within essentially a 3-week span. I guess if it's that important that it absolutely has to be done by January 31st, PM me the highest price you'd be willing to pay for one of these radiators, and I will see what I can make happen.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:18 PM   #6
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
I never received a call or e-mail from your post early last month.
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Babyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2017, 02:22 PM   #7
MilzyZ34
GX Member

Quote:

Yeah, we run into this sometimes with products like this that are low quantity. Unfortunately, when you're trying to sell high quality party for reasonable prices at low quantities, usually this comes along with a longer lead-time.

It also depends what you consider a "reasonable amount of time". These radiators are completely custom-made and over the years, the average lead-time when we are out of stock has been probably 3 months. Sometimes if the manufacturer is out of the cores we use, it takes even longer. It all hinges on that bar and plate core we use. It's what makes our radiators better than anything else, but it also is what takes the time sometimes.

Anyways we've got some radiators we need to order, and we're putting the radiators on sale during this time as a sort of group buy. We're basically trying to group together the radiators we sell during the sale with those we already have to make, and lowering the price to make it easier to get in on the deal. My manufacturer wants to raise the cost of these radiators, which in turn will raise the price, so in order to combat that, I'm trying to order in bigger quantities in an effort to try to keep the price the same. There is not a minimum amount of orders we need to start production, so if we only sell a radiator or two during the sale, we're not going to cancel the orders and say we can't do it. So if one of our radiators has been on your wish list for a while, now would be a good time to get in on the deal because it's likely we may not sell them for this price again.
Old 12-23-2017, 02:30 PM   #8
MilzyZ34
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
I never received a call or e-mail from your post early last month.

I made that post at 11-10-17 at 10:43am, stating I would call you after I made the post. According to my phone records, I called you at 10:44am that day (one minute later) for a duration of 1 minute. I don't recall if I was able to leave a message or not since that was roughly 1000 phone calls ago, but if I was able to leave a message, I would have. In the meantime, you can always reach me at 937-671-7345.