Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 12-02-2012, 02:12 PM   #1
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Bad Suspension Install

I happily had my H&R Springs, KYB AGX and KYB mounts installed at the shop that installed my exhaust. They did a great job on my exhaust but when I wanted to soften my suspension some I discovered something that has me quite upset. Pics attached, you can probably see what is wrong.

The pic with the large nut on the side-that was what was holding everything on. This nut has shredded the adjustor...

On the pic that is normal, you can see an open nut screwed down to the bottom and the normal adjustors etc.

I'm not even sure what to do. Obviously, I'll call the shop to let them know they effed up. But how to fix? Not a clue...I couldn't get the adjustor to really work that well on the affected side. Seems like I could get a useable nut to fit on there properly but will I need to have them remeasured to ensure each side is even?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jacked up.jpg (62.1 KB, 140 views)
File Type: jpg okay.jpg (54.8 KB, 141 views)
Old 12-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #2
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
See on the broken one how the adjustor is compressed down? You push it down and rotate it to adjust the stiffness but it stays stuck down there. I am thinking about contacting KYB. Maybe it is a part that can be replaced easily?
Old 12-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #3
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
i would make the shop who did the work pay for the damages, if they refuse just mention lawyer, they tend to do shit when you say that lovly word lol

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
how the fluck do they do that?! It's just a damn nut that goes on there....shouldn't have messed up the adjuster....damn.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawa View Post
i would make the shop who did the work pay for the damages, if they refuse just mention lawyer, they tend to do shit when you say that lovly word lol

YEP!!! Thats bs. Make them get that fixed right!
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #6
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

Honestly, how can they? It took me damn near half a year just to get the AGXs because they are on backorder...that is why i wonder if there is a way to fix the adjustor itself, but I highly doubt it.

It's been months since it was installed and has been handled by a different shop for the alignment. I foresee a finger pointing circle jerk that will be more stress and running around than I need. I plan to post a review and utilize the beautiful caplitalistic practice of choosing with my feet.

I am wondering that if these are non fixable, could I have some GR2s in the front and keep the AGXs in the back?
Old 12-02-2012, 04:00 PM   #7
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
Honestly, how can they? It took me damn near half a year just to get the AGXs because they are on backorder...that is why i wonder if there is a way to fix the adjustor itself, but I highly doubt it.

It's been months since it was installed and has been handled by a different shop for the alignment. I foresee a finger pointing circle jerk that will be more stress and running around than I need. I plan to post a review and utilize the beautiful caplitalistic practice of choosing with my feet.

I am wondering that if these are non fixable, could I have some GR2s in the front and keep the AGXs in the back?

Nah don't do the gr2s in the front. shockwarehouse.com That's where i got my AGX's and it took like a week and a half to get them. Not every site has them on back order
Old 12-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #8
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Not sure where you got yours but while I have looked before and not seen them orielly's sells agx's as well now
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
btw that nut looks like a lug nut

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 04:54 PM   #10
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
I am sure what probably happened is they lost the right nut and rather than going and replacing it with the right thing, they had that lug nut that was the right threads so they just threw that on there thinking that you wouldn't adjust the shocks...I am saying this not knowing why someone would be so stupid as to think that someone would spend the extras for adjustables without intention of adjusting them.
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #11
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Oh that's the nut they put on it!? LOL i thought you just had a random lug nut sitting there. No wonder the top is all messed up. wow....i would have brought it back the first time i saw that. What a bunch of idiots....how do they not have a nut for that? Or they can't just order one quick and go pick it up? lol... their a shop...they should have TONS of nuts/bolts/washers/etc laying around. smh....
Old 12-02-2012, 05:13 PM   #12
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Id say stop going to them, you've had numerous problems with them.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:21 PM   #13
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

They did a good job on the exhaust but I probably will be done with them. Have another shop thats closer, cleaner...though maybe a bit more expensive but very business oriented.

Anyone have ideas on getting that particular part fixed/replaced or am I looking at buying a new shock? Can you even buy a single shock?
Old 12-02-2012, 05:45 PM   #14
mfuller

I think that shock is a goner. Honestly, I'm almost speechless at how anyone could fubar that so badly.
Might need to contact KYB directly about buying a single shock.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Its gone. Not even worth having it fixed just get a new one
Old 12-02-2012, 09:07 PM   #16
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

FML. Always me...or Sleepy lol.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:35 PM   #17
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
hahahaha
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:54 PM   #18
mfuller

Summit Racing allegedly has them in stock.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ky...le/model/alero
Old 12-02-2012, 10:09 PM   #19
happyisthealero
GL Member

happyisthealero is an unknown quantity at this point
I guess what I am looking at in the first pic is that it is also sheared and missing a nut? Took me a while to understand since I have never done it myself, but want to.

Couldn't you have done this yourself? Or do you need to have it in an alignment shop right away?
happyisthealero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:09 PM   #20
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyisthealero View Post
I guess what I am looking at in the first pic is that it is also sheared and missing a nut? Took me a while to understand since I have never done it myself, but want to.

Couldn't you have done this yourself? Or do you need to have it in an alignment shop right away?

Yea you can do it yourself....just need a spring compressor and torque wrench It's ok to drive to the alignment shop....if its not too far. Just be careful cause it's scary driving a car without an alignment