Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 04-26-2014, 06:52 PM   #201
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Fantastic.

So I need to do a new scan then make maf changes. Then another scan and send to you??
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 06:58 PM   #202
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
sent, you can make the changes I had said in the previous post using the config I just sent
Old 04-26-2014, 07:19 PM   #203
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
okay just got your email and understood from that. thanks bud.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:33 PM   #204
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay changes made. will throw onto the car shortly then get a scan.

I will be using sleepyAEM CFG now for the scans unless told otherwise?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-26-2014, 08:34 PM   #205
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay paul, I was messing around in the driveway. idle, and tried to do an idle scan with the new CFG you sent over.

few things I have noticed. when I tried to scan, the WB became an unsupported parameter. when I would delete it, reload it, save CFG then scan it would then work.

after the scan (remember only idleing and a few small revs) I would go into histo's and the maf afr error was not available, it said unsupported.

BUT if I did a scan with the fuel trim cfg. then open that log file in scanner, and open the sleepyaem cfg, I then could view the MAF AFR error from the idle scan.... so a little confused here....

I tried to redownload and save the cfg and use it, still same issue.

so I need to know, should I keep scanning with the fuel trim file. then look at it through the sleepyaem cfg or??

if no answer from you soon, I will just use fuel trimming cfg then look at results through sleepyaem cfg...

Oh and the the LAMBDA gauge did not read at all
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 04-26-2014 at 08:38 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:56 PM   #206
sleepyalero
GLS member

Scan sent to email
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #207
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
You can just shoot over scans like that and I can take you through it. Open the tune of the scan you last sent. Highlight the MAF string from 3000Hz to 7125Hz and multiply it by .98, then from 7250Hz to end of table multiply those values by .99
Flash that on, then unplug your MAF to make it fail to Open Loop. Get a scan of OL and we can fix up your VE table
Old 04-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #208
sleepyalero
GLS member

Okay. I cant go above 4000 rpm when maf unplugged right?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2014, 09:43 PM   #209
MMGT1
GLS member

not right off the hop, no. We need to see the "trend" of the table so a good estimate can be programmed in before you go to PE mode. We can get it fairly close, mainly SAFE, before you see that section if the table being hit with actual, "real life", values
Old 04-28-2014, 10:30 PM   #210
sleepyalero
GLS member

Okay. Well the car is down again. Another bad IAC. last sensors were autozone. Most recent was napa (lasted me like a month) and car will not run on its own again. So I am going to order an AC Delco IAC to see if I have better results...

But until I get that. Car is not driveable.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #211
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck getting that IAC...it is discontinued for my 03 eco
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:04 AM   #212
sleepyalero
GLS member

rockauto has it, and many other places I have found should be to hard... funny thing is, my IAC is the same one used on a ZR1 corvette from what I have found.

but on a side note, paul.

while the car is dead in the water, I was looking through the tune editor and came across something.

engine > general > EGR > MIN IAT

description says "EGR min IAT - above this inlet air temp, EGR diagnostics are enabled."

mine is set to 32*F. I don't have an EGR, could I technically set it to 284*F so it never enables EGR diags??

the EGR isn't there, and the plug is just dangling, but I feel the computer would still be trying to send the signal to the EGR when it isn't there... idk just a thought. looking up some info, if I did that, im understanding that it "shuts off" the EGR signal.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 04-29-2014 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #213
MMGT1
GLS member

Set it to the highest possible temp. There is an EGR referenced timing adder in there you want no part of without an EGR in the car
Old 04-29-2014, 10:20 PM   #214
sleepyalero
GLS member

Will do paul!

Ac delco iat has been ordered so soon my friend before shes back on the road!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-02-2014, 04:37 PM   #215
sleepyalero
GLS member

I might get a scan tonight with maf unplugged. Car is back up.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-03-2014, 03:51 AM   #216
sleepyalero
GLS member

okay got a scan, didn't go over 4k rpm. and unplugged maf. and the changes you had me do to the maf has also been made.

sending email.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by sleepyalero : 05-03-2014 at 03:57 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #217
MMGT1
GLS member

Hey Sleepy.... sorry its taken a while here, been working insane days and dropping dead when I get home the last couple of weeks. I got your scan and from what I see you have a choice here. Your averaging around 15.3:1 in your VE table. As you know 14.7:1 is stoich, but here is the kicker. Running 15.3 in cruise is actually close to what is called "lean cruise" mode and will net you 2-3 MPG. 15.3 is what I aim for since it is actually a very safe range to run your motor in and will gain that couple miles per gallon. So, IMO, I would not change the VE table at all below that 4K RPM and would get a scan of some WOT stuff and set up that area from here. If you so desire, to achieve that 14.7 you would add 2.5% to your VE table and scan it again to see if its a little closer to the 14.7 that gives stoich. Again, your call.
If you go ahead and decide to leave it as it is, get a scan of some WOT and shoot it over....

Paul
Old 05-11-2014, 12:51 PM   #218
sleepyalero
GLS member

Ill keep it!

Understandable you are busy. No hard feelings!

Maf unplugged? Wot?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2014, 02:19 PM   #219
MMGT1
GLS member

Yessir!! .... And if your asking, take it to 6kRpm. We can check it from there
Old 05-11-2014, 02:32 PM   #220
sleepyalero
GLS member

Okay! Thanks for letting me know! I was worrying about you. but hope all is well man!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote: