Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 05-27-2008, 05:25 PM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
List all Recommend Amps Here

So recently my Kenwood Excelon KAC-x621 took a nose dive, and I'm on the market for a new on but of course this isn't easy. I'm trying to find an amp with the same performance as my kenwood gave me with out the outragous prices. I only paid 100 bucks for that amp used and it has lasted 3yrs. I need help and maybe this thread can help someone else!

So all you audio heads out there, please list your recommended amps here, and what you have learned about it. My kenwood for example was putting out well over 300 watts per channel and I had the Dual 4ohm voice coils on my amps wired down to 2ohms, so the amp was running at 2ohms on each channel. Well above spec. This is what I'm looking for now or something compariable....for the right price.

...so in short help! What about those high wattage Lanzars that I see?
Old 05-27-2008, 05:37 PM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Orion. Nothing else matters

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 05:44 PM   #3
Alero_1986
GL Member

Alero_1986 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGT View Post
Orion. Nothing else matters

two excellent Metallica songs!
Alero_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 06:22 PM   #4
leviathan1888
GX Member

leviathan1888 is on a distinguished road
Alright I have been testing this company for about 3 months now.

Almani Audio - www.almaniaudio.com
Amp for suggestion - HA-750.2
Price - About 100 shipped - Trusted Ebay Listing

I currently have the HA-800.4 running their lowest Series 3 subs(S3-10). As I am trying them out to see what I think, the Series 3 is definitely worth the test. My amp was brought from the same ebay seller and had no problems with the seller.

I would say look into them and see what you think. The HA-750.2 or HA-850.2 are gonna be your cheap best bet for 375W into 2CH at 2ohms.

Good luck!

1999 Alero GX
Nothing Special
leviathan1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:02 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by leviathan1888 View Post
Alright I have been testing this company for about 3 months now.

Almani Audio - www.almaniaudio.com
Amp for suggestion - HA-750.2
Price - About 100 shipped - Trusted Ebay Listing

I currently have the HA-800.4 running their lowest Series 3 subs(S3-10). As I am trying them out to see what I think, the Series 3 is definitely worth the test. My amp was brought from the same ebay seller and had no problems with the seller.

I would say look into them and see what you think. The HA-750.2 or HA-850.2 are gonna be your cheap best bet for 375W into 2CH at 2ohms.

Good luck!
Thanks that shipping is a little ridiculous. Must be a fairly new company cause I have never heard of them. If that amp will do what it says it would be worth a look but they don't give you a lot of specs on there web site, and I don't trust what the ebay seller says.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #6
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
Fosgate
14alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 09:32 PM   #7
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i'll say it before ryan does. cadance makes good stuff.
Old 05-27-2008, 09:57 PM   #8
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Good lord dont buy a Lanzar. And to be really honest, surprised that kenwood lived that long... lol

Almani is an alright brand. Never used them, but know a guy who deals with them. he says they are ok for budgets.

Cadence is alright on the budget side. Sound slike your looking for 600 WRMS X 1 @ 1 Ohm to me, and thats what i would look for or there abouts. using a Class A/B for subs is ok, but it costs int he way of Amperage and of course $$$$.

So look for a Class D.

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...idCategory=125

TXA-750D looks like a good one when it comes back in stock. I thinkt hat price is shipped too...
Old 05-27-2008, 10:17 PM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Good lord dont buy a Lanzar. And to be really honest, surprised that kenwood lived that long... lol

Almani is an alright brand. Never used them, but know a guy who deals with them. he says they are ok for budgets.

Cadence is alright on the budget side. Sound slike your looking for 600 WRMS X 1 @ 1 Ohm to me, and thats what i would look for or there abouts. using a Class A/B for subs is ok, but it costs int he way of Amperage and of course $$$$.

So look for a Class D.

http://www.cadencestore.com/ProductC...idCategory=125

TXA-750D looks like a good one when it comes back in stock. I thinkt hat price is shipped too...
I think that txa-3002 might work, don't need much more then that. The prices really work for me!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:21 PM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

That excelon was pretty good to me I got to admit. At first I was always getting the Thermal protection tripping so I added a fan and got rid of that problem and added alittle more performance. Best of all though it was only a hundred bucks.
Old 05-27-2008, 11:12 PM   #11
myself108

Go Clarion

Excellent Products, I have a clarion apx4240 and a clarion 12" single voice coil @ 4ohms, it is getting about 100watts and it hammers way harder, is louder, and sounds better than most of my friends with 2 12"s and a kenwood amp

Clarion all the way!!
Old 05-27-2008, 11:27 PM   #12
leviathan1888
GX Member

leviathan1888 is on a distinguished road
You know I would agree that Almani Audio has little specs, but that is what drove me to get them as a tester, called the company and chatted about the amp.

Other than that, if your looking to spend a little more(pricing not sure), look for Soundstream TRX700D. My brother has the TRX1500D running 2 L7's right now...But the TRX700D was his amp before he got the 1500D and it was running 1 L7 purrty!

But yet again if you wanna stick around $100 range I would look into what others are suggesting

1999 Alero GX
Nothing Special
leviathan1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #13
toddbobby
GX Member

toddbobby is an unknown quantity at this point
i just got a cadence txa 1000d and installed it today. so far it is great and i am very happy with it.
toddbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #14
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
i've been running a full kenwood excelon system for 4 yrs with no problems. everybody has their own opinions and experiences.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
^ like the fact that i've run a lanzar amp for a couple years now and it works great for me.

and i know when he reads it, ryan's gonna shed a tear, from that last sentence.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:46 AM   #16
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
To each their own.

Just beware that Class A/B amps are not as efficient as the Class D (mono) amps.

Massive, Elevation, JBL, ARC and many more also make good solid amps.
Old 05-28-2008, 07:55 AM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Well I tried to troubleshoot the amp and found that....you need the damn schematic..lol. So its going in the junk pile but I will be taking some parts out of it for future use, and/or upgrading. I picked up a Fosgate P2002 for 20bucks the other day at a yard sale and found it to be blowing a 30amp fuse when I turned the gains all the way up, and hooked it up to one of the 12's, then I realized that I had them wired for 2ohms and that may be a problem. I think that I have narrowed my search down to the Cadence and the Almani, now I have to sell something to make things happen. Anyone using Soundstream? I heard that they are decent!
Old 05-28-2008, 08:24 AM   #18
bigdaddyD
GL Member

bigdaddyD is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to bigdaddyD
AudioBahn, my buddy has been using them for many years, and i love their quality.

Cardomain
GM Tunerz.com
bigdaddyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:33 AM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

i've never heard anything bad about soundstream... but its pretty rare to hear of anyone using it. dunno why they don't get more air time, for the quality...
Old 05-28-2008, 11:53 AM   #20
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddyD View Post
AudioBahn, my buddy has been using them for many years, and i love their quality.
I've heard good things, but they are very pricey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i've never heard anything bad about soundstream... but its pretty rare to hear of anyone using it. dunno why they don't get more air time, for the quality...
The sound stream XTA1050.2 has the specs I like and is only 189.00 free shipping