Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 06-02-2008, 12:49 AM   #1
irondiezl3
GLS member

irondiezl3 is on a distinguished road
wierd after install

so did my install which ive always done myself. ive been fortunate enough to work with alot of good people to learn alot of things. never had a problem with a install. put my double din in my 04 with the module. everything works great. except today a week after install i went to start my car it had power but was acting as if it was dead when i turned the key. i heard a clocking in the passenger fuse panel i checked it nothing was blown. now i pulled out the radio/start fuse and bamn fixed it. now since then this hasnt hapened again and prior to this i never had any problems at all and i know its for sure connected correctly i checked it over. was this a freak accident? im nervous its gunna happen again. anyone have any ideas or related issues?
irondiezl3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 02:45 AM   #2
Fi-Alero
GL Member

Fi-Alero is on a distinguished road
It really could have been allot of different things.
What size fuse is on the radio right now?
Also where is the radio's power wire hooked up at?
Fi-Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 06:07 AM   #3
leviathan1888
GX Member

leviathan1888 is on a distinguished road
I had the same thing happen to me...

I also wasn't sure what caused it, but it only happened when I put in an aftermarket. So I put the other one in and properly disconnected battery and put new deck in and sure thing it didn't blow...

1999 Alero GX
Nothing Special
leviathan1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 07:34 AM   #4
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like you didn't solder your connections. Which may be the problem, but to be realistic it could be a number of things.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:39 AM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
do you know what the power draw is on your headunit? (they are usually 20A at max) what kinda fuse did your connect it to, in the fuse block?
Old 06-02-2008, 07:51 AM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I think most units draw roughly about(rough estimate) six amps although they are fused at like 10 to 15 amps.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #7
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Could be a bad module.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:17 AM   #8
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
I think most units draw roughly about(rough estimate) six amps although they are fused at like 10 to 15 amps.

damn you not letting me throw around bad information.... DAMN YOU!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:35 AM   #9
irondiezl3
GLS member

the fuse is fifteen it didnt blow tho. ryan i ws afraid it was a bad module maybe the 12v constant on it sucks cuz it was cheap but how would that kep my car from starting should i put a 20a in that fuse where the fifteen is

i have a feeling it was the module my previous car had the same issue id pull the batt radio fuse out then bam radio would work again. once i ran the 12v to it the problem stopped. now my module for this has built in 12v constant. but it just seemed to familiar and knowing that i bought the cheap one (which i was warned not to do from ryan) i got a funny feeling thats what it is. its deff not the wiring i know that for sure im a maniac and perfectionist. im hoping its just the 15a fuse maybe the radio needs a 20 for a little more power since this only happened once and never happened again but im still clueles is to y i kept my car from startng?

Last edited by irondiezl3 : 06-02-2008 at 09:42 AM.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:43 AM   #10
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
You don't have a constant power to the remote wire do you?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #11
irondiezl3
GLS member

no i dont have a system
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #12
cherrington17
Gone

^ i think hes asking if you accidentally connected your remote wire in with the others... but yea, it appears that you know you didn't.
Old 06-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #13
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
damn you not letting me throw around bad information.... DAMN YOU!
Old 06-02-2008, 10:07 AM   #14
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by irondiezl3 View Post
no i dont have a system

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
^ i think hes asking if you accidentally connected your remote wire in with the others... but yea, it appears that you know you didn't.

Yeah stereo head units have remote wires as well. Not just systems. Remotes tell when to power on and when to power off by being connected to a fuse line or some other non constant power source.

Have a good day
Old 06-02-2008, 10:10 AM   #15
irondiezl3
GLS member

o im sorry. no i left it alone. the only reason it freaks me out is cuz it was fine for a week happend one time then never happened again. idk if there was a chance it was some kinda freak accident.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Could of been something else.

My Alero didnt want to start one time. Some security light come on. Its been awhile ago and its never happened again. GM fluke... lol
Old 06-02-2008, 12:32 PM   #17
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

What ever caused the blip may still be there, or it wouldn't have happened in the first place. Maybe its not sensored and doesn't throw a light, but maybe the dumbest thing right under your nose.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:46 PM   #18
AGT
GLS member

Lonnie is right. It is probably a loose grounded wire. My brothers truck just died and blew fuses one day. Turned out to be a live wire touching his bumper.

Have a good day
Old 06-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #19
irondiezl3
GLS member

yea security came on when it happened but ill post if it happens again.
Old 06-02-2008, 07:33 PM   #20
kniedelm9490
GL Member

kniedelm9490 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kniedelm9490
ya mine went off when i plugged the factorty head unit .. it still off im shocked it was on for 2 months
kniedelm9490 is offline   Reply With Quote