Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 04-01-2004, 03:38 PM   #1
a2k
GX Member

a2k is an unknown quantity at this point
I have a GM aftermarket alarm (made by Clarion i've been told) that was installed on my alero by the dealership 1 week after i bought the car - but is not the factory alarm. I have different keyfobs that the standard alero ones.

(my alero is 2000, auto, 2.4)

Im considering purchasing a remote car starter (cuz winters get damn cold here in Toronto) and wondering how would the remote starter work with the existing alarm? Also - the keyfobs -- would i stop using the alarm's keyfob, and use the remote starters' keyfob for everything (cuz the remote starter would send the approrpriate signals to the alarm)?

Any info would be apprecaited.

Thx.
a2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #2
BLK03GXS
GLS member

BLK03GXS is an unknown quantity at this point
Im not quite sure... i know when my rents had a remote start installed intheir 03 gmc, it was installed by the dealer and they keyed the remote start so that it would start the truck and shut it off from the stock keyfobs. For example 3 unlocks in a row starts and 3 locks in a row shuts off.. (either will work you can lock or unlock). but it wasnt cheep and took a lil while to install from what i heard...
I personally never installed a remote car starter so im not too sure about the whole aftermarket alarm thing.. you may want to find out the specs for yout clarion alarm and see if you can add a remote starter 2 that one.. because a lot of the alarms are upgradeable/expandable for things like that...
Oh and btw is it accually a clarion? or is it Ungo? i thout that Ungo made all of clarions alarms n stuff...

BLK03GXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2004, 04:16 PM   #3
99blackalero

all depends on the system you are putting in....my alarm/car starter remote controls the alarm, keyless entry, trunk, and the remote starter