Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-27-2008, 03:20 PM   #1
Justy311
GL Member

Justy311 is an unknown quantity at this point
Remote Start Question

I have remote start installed on my car, it worked fine last winter, but this year it will click over and start, rev high and then shut off and restart itself. The car has no trouble starting normally, just will not start with the remote start.

Does anyone have some troubleshooting I can try before I bring it in and who do you think I should bring it to, the install company or a repair shop?

Thanks in advance..

justin

www.justinspolicecollection.com
Justy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Who installed the remote start?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 03:32 PM   #3
Justy311
GL Member

Ultimate Electronics, it was installed like 2 years ago after my car was broken into, it is a remote start/alarm system

justin

Old 10-27-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I would have them check it out and tell them you think the module is failing.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
Justy311
GL Member

ok...will do that...i appreciate the responses...

Old 10-27-2008, 04:57 PM   #6
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
If you have a bypass in there it sounds like the bypass could be a problem..I no that when I don't have mine in bypass it will do the same thing...because it is preprogrammed in the remote start brain to try a certain amount of times
Old 10-27-2008, 06:52 PM   #7
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
what brand of auto start? astrostart? compustart? i really only know about astro's but heres what i'd do for them.

first pull down the module get your manual and reprogram it, and relearn the tac signal and the number of cylinders. if it still does it trace your tac signal wire back to under the hood and see if it is hooked up right. on the 2.4 it will be hooked up by the plug that goes into the idi cover, 3.4 i dunno wherever the ignition pack is. then if it still does it go back to where it was bought and have them warrenty the module and give you a new one and program that one in to your car. those are really the only things that could be wrong with a astro and that problem, i went through all of it this is wat they told me where i work and they have installed astros ever since they first came out.

it really shouldn't be the bypass causse if that wasn't working the autostart should start the car at all.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:44 AM   #8
Justy311
GL Member

Just read the last two responses. I brought it in and all they told me was they had to reprogram it. It works fine now, but if something goes bad again, I know what to try. Thanks, this is why I love this place.

justin

Old 11-27-2008, 01:28 AM   #9
darksobsession
GL Member

darksobsession is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to darksobsession
you have a neat hobby, dontcha know???

sigs are annoying
darksobsession is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 01:46 AM   #10
Justy311
GL Member

darksobession, I know, and I am frequently told that, or I am told "this is illegal, I am calling the cops!!!" The hobby is anything but illegal. There is nothing wrong with collecting police insignia, unless it is current federal badges, which I do not collect. Otherwise, it is 100% legal. I like to consider myself a unofficial police historian. I am more interested in the history than anything, but I find it so fascinating that something I own was used on a uniform and the history that it has seen. That is amazing if you ask me.

Some of the items in my collection are from the early 1930s...that is OLD! I have one of only 10 known first issue Minnesota Highway Patrol patches, that is a rarity. I also own a badge that was used pre-1938 and I have badges from California that are pre-1920, which is pretty cool to hold...

Thanks for the message... I have some stuff from Hawaii, going to get a new patch soon as I am trading with someone for an older style Kauai patch, which is over 20 years old, so that will be cool.

justin