Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 09-05-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
HUGE injectors, and LIM install

Since the title of the ongoing thread is a little ambiguous, I figured I'll post updates in new threads, then archive them to the "Fun Continues" thread.

Next up....P&P LIM. You can see it's been hogged out. I know, I know...I need to hit the whole thing with some degreaser...heh. Been burning the midnight oil getting this thing going. P&P heads are already installed, SI stainless valves, Manley 350# valve springs, molly pushrods, etc.

Painful, this is. Have to cut apart the injector harness and hand-wire in the new injectors. You can see the old stockers in the background (the little thin ones) versus the new 42.5# injectors installed in the rail. That's me assembling the clips in the pic.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 03:50 AM   #2
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Those new injectors are going to be way over 42.5# if you're keeping the stock fuel pressure regulator which is set at something like 60 PSI. Most likely the injectors you're installing are rated at around 43 PSI.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #3
burg03

Suck,squish,bang,blow thats power baby!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 09:27 PM   #4
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
Those new injectors are going to be way over 42.5# if you're keeping the stock fuel pressure regulator which is set at something like 60 PSI. Most likely the injectors you're installing are rated at around 43 PSI.

just wait till next year's race season.....after the tranny gets built, I'm upping the boost to 22psi and stepping up to 60# injectors

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote