NT555 @ $160 a piece 4 57.14%
NT05 @ $170 a piece 2 28.57%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-06-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
Front tires

Well I've found the cause of vibration in my front tires...turns out one tire was installed incorrectly on the bead and is now warped. So I need to replace it. I currently run 225/40/18 Nitto nt555's, but they don't look very aggressive on 8.5" wheels. I could either:

replace the one tire for $135+
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=225

or get 2 new nt555's @ 245/40/18 for $160 a piece
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=245

or get 2 Nitto Nt05's @245/40/18 for another $10 each over the nt555's
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/di...w=false&cs=245

The downside of the nt05's is the treadwear, which is half of the nt555's. Also, I've had the nt555's for 4? years running them only in the summer of course and they have almost no treadwear at all, so maybe the Nt05's would last? I don't do burn outs or anything like that.

What would yo buy?
Old 04-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #2
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
i would take the tire to the place that installed in incorrectly and make them pay for a new one, it was their fault

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I'm with Jawa but it you had em for 4 years than you probably wont get far so I say stick with what you have and get the 1 or get the 2 nt555s. Why only 2 max? What is on the back?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
mrmike
GL Member

mrmike is an unknown quantity at this point
2 perfectly good nt555's. I have a set of 4 but one is wrecked. Also, the tire shop that installed it wrong has fixed/balanced all my tires over the years for free, probably 15+ times, so I can't really claim that they owe me anything.

Last edited by mrmike : 04-06-2012 at 02:07 PM.
mrmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 02:32 PM   #5
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
but would that not be mixed sizes if you decide to go with two 2 new 245s in the front

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:36 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
why not some nitto neo gens? i have them on my 18s and i love the tread.

these are summer only rims, coming up on my second summer of owning them... they are in my closet and still have nipples around the wall of the tires. they are good tires and i got em from discount tire last year for 105$ a tire for 225/40/18. but i checked em a couple weeks ago and they were like 125-135$ a tire.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.

Last edited by sleepyalero : 04-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #7
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
At 4 years old, I would replace both fronts with either tire you want. I like all 4 tires to match on my car

Some ahoe thought it would be a cool prank to remove a manhole cover on a city street. Driving to work at 11:30 at night, I saw it at the last second, swerved, missed it with the front, but caught it with the rear. Ended up cracking the rim pretty bad and spliting the sidewall of the tire, on both sides

I had 3 Michellen Exalto Piolt sports and one Sunny Pro tire on my car. I hated it, but the tires were 4 years old and I still had a lot of tread left. It was a temp tire and lasted the 2.5 more years. After the other 3 Michellens started to dry rot with 45% tread left, the one Sunny tire, was about 30% tread life

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:27 PM   #8
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
I'm still driving on my 1999's original tires, and they even look perfect. In your case I'd replace the tires as a pair.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote