Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 04-08-2012, 07:32 AM   #1
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
Question Totally Lost Here! HELP!!

My car is having starting issues that is totally stumping me. When I get in the car, I turn the key to "on". All the idiot lights come on. When I move the key to "start", the car does nothing! All idiot lights go out (while I am holding it on "start") except the ses light. There is no noises at all that would suggest bad starter, etc. But if i either leave the car for a minute or turn the key a bunch of times, it'll fire right up. So becuase I am at a loss here, this is what I have done. I've replaced the auto-start relay in the fuse panel, just did the ignition swith yesterday (to no avail). I have tried putting the car in neutral to check the neutral safety swith, didn't help. I'm lost! Has anyone had this problem?? I need it fixed! Oh, also checked battery connections and starter connections. Thanks Guys!

Last edited by mmorello82 : 04-08-2012 at 07:34 AM. Reason: Forgot a detail
mmorello82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
GBodyFreak
GX Member

GBodyFreak is on a distinguished road
Bad battery cables?

Last edited by GBodyFreak : 04-08-2012 at 10:50 AM.
GBodyFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #3
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
check your grounds,

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 06:38 PM   #4
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
Check to make sure you are getting power to the starter on both wires. the little wire should have power only with the key in "crank" and the bigger wire should have power all the time.
Old 04-08-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
do you hear your fuel pump starting up? if not its that, also the passlock in our cars is kinda funky sometimes turn the key to on does the bat light and security come on?
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 04:22 AM   #6
mmorello82
GX Member

I checked the battery cables. I will check the cables at the starter though. When I turn the key on, the battery and Security light does come on. I saw in alldata that there is a groud attached to the bell-housing of the tranny that could be loose. When I get home from work, I think I'll check that too. Just trying to avoid a costly trip to the dealer!
Old 04-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #7
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Fuse

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 06:43 PM   #8
mmorello82
GX Member

It starts if I turn they key about 20 times! lol
Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM   #9
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
could be a bad solenoid on the starter.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #10
mmorello82
GX Member

Hmmm. With no clicks.... or anything? I didn't really think of that. Figured that I'd hear some kind of noise....
Old 04-10-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

its possible. thats why if you check and you have power on those two wires at the starter EVERY time you turn the key to crank (not just after the 20th time) its the starter.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:02 PM   #12
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
Pull of the starter and test it.... Its like 3 bolts takes 10 miniutes
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:24 PM   #13
mmorello82
GX Member

Now the challenge will be to have it do the problem while I have someone with me to put the key to "start" while I test the wires. It's an intermittent problem, so it's hard telling when it will happen again!