Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 04-11-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
asdf

Hey! Just got in my CAI! w00t w00t! but yea... I have 3 Gagues just chillin here at my house and I wanna put em in, I got the mesh and all but even though I have searched this whole forum 300 times I cant figure out how to get the center console out.

Do I have to take out.............. everything?

Edit: Sorry about topic name and stuff I just got home from vacation and my mom walked in and was all like I havnt seen you for a week and you just sit on the computer lol... so yea i forgot I was starting a topic....

Here is the pic..

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-23-2008 at 07:13 PM.
xXManwhoreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:43 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
center console.. meaning, the whole center piece (from between the seats to the top of the radio?) or just the radio trim and shift bezel?
Old 04-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #3
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

xXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond reputexXManwhoreXx has a reputation beyond repute
I know I need to take out the part around the radio and probally the center console too, but its a daily driver so i am going to drive it with the center peice off lol! so yea I need it out with keeping as much in as possible.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:54 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
thats no problem.... take the crap outta the cubby, long with the rubber insert.

There is a small staple on the front side of the shifter, take that out. The shifter will lift right off. then the plastic piece under the shifter will just pull right up. (from the base of the cubby, back to the cup holder behind the shifter) just pulls straight up. at that point, you should be able to reach just under the cubby, just grab the bottom of that cubby, and pull straight back, it'll all unclip.

just make sure to remove the wires, and remember where/how they were plugged in...

and your car is completely driveable w/o those two center pieces. you'll just have a little white nylon nub to push down in order to shift.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:59 PM   #5
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I love you thanks ill do it right now

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 04-12-2008 at 12:00 AM. Reason: I hate spelling
Old 04-12-2008, 12:39 AM   #6
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I got out the shift plate thing but when I pull on the cubby thing (which is the whole center piece around the stereo and all) it feels like its screwed in or smothing, or just held in really well... should I like yank on it or somthing cause I dont have money to fix it... lol just want to double check before I put my feet on either side of it to yank it out.

I don't know where these 2 diagonal lines came from... gay Paint lol...

Last edited by xXManwhoreXx : 05-23-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 04-12-2008, 02:48 AM   #7
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
There just a couple of clips, I used a butter knife..lol, not the best way im sure but it worked...lol
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:45 AM   #8
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

lmao here i go...
Old 04-12-2008, 08:51 AM   #9
YALEROYNOT
GLS member

YALEROYNOT is on a distinguished road
top corners first work down the sides

build it to break it, if it breaks it was not built well enuff !
=OFF ALL NARCOTICS ADDICTION FREE PAIN MANAGEMENT FTMFW ."million of years ago the continents were connected...." THATS FUNNY THE EARTH IS ONLY ABOUT 6000 YEARS OLD AND THEY STILL ARE CONNECTED JACK*@# !!! click here www.chronicpainanonymous.org
YALEROYNOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 09:12 AM   #10
cherrington17
Gone

i've done it so many times i could do this with my eyes closed now..

i just pull out from the cubby, and as the bottom pops out, move your hands up on the trim. and keep yanking. lol
Old 04-12-2008, 10:18 AM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
i don't get what you're doing

You have "3 gauges" and "mesh" and you need to take out the center console for some reason.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:09 PM   #12
meadus101
Hot and Fluffy.

meadus101 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to meadus101
He's going to mount gauges in the cubby. and Mesh it in so he doesn't collect dirt behind them i would assume.

I personally found it easier to remove the trim and cubby starting from the top. I used my key actually... My bad..... Just get something smooth and flat you can use to pop the first clip... then it'll work fine... just be careful not to damage the Vynil. You'll do fine. it's really easy.
meadus101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by meadus101 View Post
He's going to mount gauges in the cubby. and Mesh it in so he doesn't collect dirt behind them i would assume.
Oh.. yikes.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 01:43 PM   #14
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
i've done it so many times i could do this with my eyes closed now..

i have done it with my eyes closed lol

just get something flat behind the trim and pry it off. there are 2 clips at the very top tho that i always take first because the trim cracks if u take the bottom ones out first.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 04:23 PM   #15
xXManwhoreXx
GLS member

I'm actually doing yaleroynots cubby gague thing, the fabric stuff if for the fiberglass to stick to...