Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Regional Discussions & Meets > Midwest

View Poll Results: Which date for Topeka Meet?
July 24th 4 44.44%
August 7th 5 55.56%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2010, 03:51 PM   #1
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

wrestlingandrunning is on a distinguished road
Topeka Meet and Drag, July 24th!!!

July 24th which is Saturday, is the Topeka car meet and drag. At 10am we're meeting at L&H mobile electronics (1818 S. Kansas Avenue) there we can show off our cars and have a grill and cookout. After talking to some people about the cookout they all recommended I charge a small price to help keep away freeloaders. So I decided I will charge a small price but, out of state people eat free as a thank you for coming. At 12 pm gates at heartland park topeka open up for et drags I plan at leaving around 1 to go there so whoever wants to follow me can. Also et drag prices will depend on what class you race and spectators are $10. ( I will find this info soon) After et drags I don't know if you guys are up to something then let me know and I'll see what else we can do(go-carts, putt-putt, bowling, cruise, photo op, etc.) For all you out of staters I'm going to compile a list of the closest hotels soon, this is finals week for me so, bear with me. Also below is heartland's website so you can look around.

http://www.hpt.com/index.php?option=...onth=04&day=25

Hotel info: This is from expedia and it starts from closest to L&H.

http://www.expedia.com/Hotels?rfrr=-56535&

I've been to the Capital Plaza and it is pretty nice, no sure on how much money out of staters are wanting to spend. So if you guys have any questions ask or if you have many you can pm for my #

Here is driving directions from L&H to Heartland Park.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1pn=L+%...67786#initPgSt

Last edited by wrestlingandrunning : 05-19-2010 at 09:46 PM.
wrestlingandrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #2
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
I think it's a pretty cool idea. It would be even cooler though if Topeka wasn't 9.5 hours away from me so I could actually go.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:20 PM   #3
99alerogirl
Female.

99alerogirl will become famous soon enough
i think you should have it in a few months when my car's (hopefully) running!
99alerogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:44 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
suck it up, it's like 11 from me!!! and if the weekend is right i'll be there!!
Old 02-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #5
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
I won't be ready to go until about April or so at the earliest. My heads/cam/LIM/ARP studs from WOT-Tech is shipped and on it's way which will be a little down-time for the engine, and the 4t65 swap mounts/axles from Milzy are still under production. So.......

Looks like the wait is on for me. Will keep you posted.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 10:11 PM   #6
That01Olds
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
suck it up, it's like 11 from me!!! and if the weekend is right i'll be there!!

Well I'm happy for you man, but I can't afford to do two 9-10 hour trips. Especially if it ends up being around the same time as A.S.S. I could only afford to do one. If it was like 4 or 5 hours I would say yea because I could drive out there and drive back the same day with no problems, but trying to do almost 10 hrs there and then trying to drive 10 hrs back in the same day. If you can do it congrats, but I'm not risking losing my car because I fell asleep at the wheel. I did a 16 hr. trip one time and that was my max for one day of non-stop driving. So I would like to be there, but we will see what happens is all I can say and don't count on it is all. So basically unless I can afford to drive there and back and get a hotel/motel room for the night it most likely won't happen because it's just to much driving for a single day and it's not necessarily because I couldn't do it non-stop. It's just because I wouldn't really want to risk it because if anything were to happen on the way back I don't have a back up car at the moment. So I would be screwed and right now I don't need that.

Last edited by That01Olds : 02-25-2010 at 10:21 PM.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:22 PM   #7
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
I usually drive straight through to Kentucky in May (sleep an hour or two in the car), I'll have to check which week it is, but it would be nice to stop over and race other Aleromod people. Topeka is almost halfway on the trip.....
Old 02-25-2010, 10:29 PM   #8
That01Olds
GLS member

^ What part of Kentucky?
Old 02-25-2010, 10:30 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleroB888 View Post
it would be nice to stop over and race other Aleromod people. Topeka is almost halfway on the trip.....

Just something to put in your pipe and smoke.....

Make SURE you retune when you get down this way. That's how I popped a piston last time.....tuned to the ragged edge, and then raced at nearly 1000 feet lower altitude and bam.....LEAN-OUT lol

Old 02-25-2010, 10:33 PM   #10
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
^ What part of Kentucky?

Fort Knox - Elizabethtown area. I usually get down to Bowling Green
and race at Beech Bend, but that's about 90 miles away from where I stay.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:41 PM   #11
That01Olds
GLS member

Dang dude Bowling Green is only about 2.5 hours from me and Louisville which is close to Elizabethtown is only about 4 hours. Louisville is actually where my niece lives so depending on when you go maybe we could do a meet or something if your up for it.
Old 02-25-2010, 10:42 PM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Well I'm happy for you man, but I can't afford to do two 9-10 hour trips. Especially if it ends up being around the same time as A.S.S. I could only afford to do one. If it was like 4 or 5 hours I would say yea because I could drive out there and drive back the same day with no problems, but trying to do almost 10 hrs there and then trying to drive 10 hrs back in the same day. If you can do it congrats, but I'm not risking losing my car because I fell asleep at the wheel. I did a 16 hr. trip one time and that was my max for one day of non-stop driving. So I would like to be there, but we will see what happens is all I can say and don't count on it is all. So basically unless I can afford to drive there and back and get a hotel/motel room for the night it most likely won't happen because it's just to much driving for a single day and it's not necessarily because I couldn't do it non-stop. It's just because I wouldn't really want to risk it because if anything were to happen on the way back I don't have a back up car at the moment. So I would be screwed and right now I don't need that.

haha yeah right, i'm not going down and back the same day, i would get a hotel, shit if you show up we can split a hotel....
Old 02-25-2010, 10:49 PM   #13
That01Olds
GLS member

^ Well I guess that would work then. All I can say is we'll see, but I gotta know when it's going to be first.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:01 PM   #14
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Just something to put in your pipe and smoke.....

Make SURE you retune when you get down this way. That's how I popped a piston last time.....tuned to the ragged edge, and then raced at nearly 1000 feet lower altitude and bam.....LEAN-OUT lol

This year I'll have 36 lb injectors instead of 28's. Just put another tranny in, but the car is demodded right now. Now trying to do some refinement.

Believe me, I know about that extra power near sea level. Usually, I kill the battery for a few hours, and then have time to run the car around a couple days and get it acclimated. Only one day of tuning time would be a challenge.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:05 PM   #15
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Quote:
This year I'll have 36 lb injectors instead of 28's. Just put another tranny in, but the car is demodded right now. Now trying to do some refinement.

Believe me, I know about that extra power near sea level. Usually, I kill the battery for a few hours, and then have time to run the car around a couple days and get it acclimated. Only one day of tuning time would be a challenge.

One day is plenty of time. Just start out with a VE tune, then start tweaking the MAF tune. Oh, wait.....you have HP tuner or DHP PowrTuner? From what I understand, HP probably takes longer, due to the availability of certain assistance plug-in's you can use with the DHP.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:27 PM   #16
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Wow so glad about the responses and many people showing interest. Has anyone checked out the dates to have a tenative idea of when they want to go?
Old 02-26-2010, 12:10 AM   #17
kwhauck
2Screwy

later summer.....
Old 02-26-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
Dang dude Bowling Green is only about 2.5 hours from me and Louisville which is close to Elizabethtown is only about 4 hours. Louisville is actually where my niece lives so depending on when you go maybe we could do a meet or something if your up for it.

Dunno, if I race at Topeka, probably won't go to Bowling Green, only will have time for one or the other. But at home in KY, I'll have a list of chores and repairs on my mom's house to do. Keep in mind I'm a senior, too, I just refuse to act my age most of the time. I'll sleep a whole lot on vacation
Old 02-26-2010, 12:27 AM   #19
AleroB888
GLS member

Quote:
later summer.....

September??
Old 02-26-2010, 02:21 AM   #20
wrestlingandrunning
GL Member

Quote:
later summer.....

Quote:
September??

Works for me, hopefully I'll have something ready to race by then.