Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-01-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
looking at the video i think your blower motor was on...

sence you have s standard, depress the clutch and wait a few secounds while idleing and see if it changes the noice,
while sitting there rev the engine up a little bit see if it changes the noise.

i tested your theory, i turned the dial for the interior fans on, and sure as shit it made that noise. i turned it off and the noise went away. what a pain in the ass this car has been. but now that i know its not going to explode im content.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:34 PM   #22
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
lol thank u for testing my theiory. So just for clarification, u turned the blower motor off and the noise stopped? sounds like u either need a blower motor or you have stuff inside ur fan.
Old 02-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #23
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
If you pull the glove compartment out there is a little door like thing in there that is access to clean out the fan...When my fan was being loud like that it had a puree'd mouse in it
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Now that I finally listened to the video, yeah that thing sounds haunted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03gxeco View Post
the needle went over the half way mark on the temp gauge just enough to where you can see black inbetween the mark and the needle. i turned on the air to cool it off.
LOL what does the air conditioning cooling the interior of the car have to do with the engine temperature? You thought it would cool the engine down? It cools YOU down, and puts a load on the engine because now the A/C clutch is engaged and it's turning the compressor.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 08:26 AM   #25
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
LOL what does the air conditioning cooling the interior of the car have to do with the engine temperature? You thought it would cool the engine down? It cools YOU down, and puts a load on the engine because now the A/C clutch is engaged and it's turning the compressor.

While I know it is way less efficient than turning the heater on to dissipate the heat, if I remember correctly max a/c forces the fans to run
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah but the idea is if your engine is over heating run the heat full blast. your heater core is nothing but a small radiator and its just another means of cooling off the engine coolant.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 AM   #27
03gxeco
GL Member

03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute03gxeco has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post

NO, allow me to rephrase that. i turned on the HEAT, to cool the engine.

im sure you know as well as anyone half intelligent, if your motor gets a little to warm for comfort, turn on the Heat on high and it will slowly decrease the coolant temperature.

And yes, i turned on the interior fans and the noise came, then upon switching the interior fans off the noise stopped.

Sorry for the poor delivery of my words.
03gxeco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #28
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

well sounds like you need to check the fan. pull it out and check for debris. spin the fan blade and see if the bearings feel rough. your probably looking at a new fan to stop the noise.