Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-27-2010, 04:59 PM   #21
cobrajeff92
GX Member

cobrajeff92 is on a distinguished road
drive down to rochester and ill get them off at my shop for ya. hell we can do the wheel bearings right on the lift if you want. the offers there for ya if u want. wont take to long

Last edited by cobrajeff92 : 02-27-2010 at 05:01 PM.
cobrajeff92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #22
Weazel
GL Member

Weazel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Weazel
PB and impact worked on all my exhaust bolts, that was 160k miles of rust. Unfortunately, I don't have any other suggestions.10 foot breaker bar and a really fat friend?
Weazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:54 PM   #23
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Hold up chris. Sometimes this takes a multi-faceted approach. After soaking the crap out of it with PB from both sides of each bolt, you need to take a 5# or larger ball-peen hammer, and a punch, then tap the BOLT side, not the head-side. Put the breaker bar and socket on the head (of the bolt, not yours), and have a friend tap the back side of the bolt while you apply torque to the breaker bar. The simultaneous torque on the bolt with the hard tapping will likely jar the rust loose. Let me know if that doesn't work for you. You're gonna have to put the guns to it though, no half-effort on that torque bar.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 07:18 PM   #24
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
Hold up chris. Sometimes this takes a multi-faceted approach. After soaking the crap out of it with PB from both sides of each bolt, you need to take a 5# or larger ball-peen hammer, and a punch, then tap the BOLT side, not the head-side. Put the breaker bar and socket on the head (of the bolt, not yours), and have a friend tap the back side of the bolt while you apply torque to the breaker bar. The simultaneous torque on the bolt with the hard tapping will likely jar the rust loose. Let me know if that doesn't work for you. You're gonna have to put the guns to it though, no half-effort on that torque bar.

its reassembled and will head to the shop (friend's shop). I'm not going to keep wasting my time, and getting insanely frustrated (in an unheated slush filled garage). Everytime i work on the car, I'm the only one around... so friends/family never help. (even if they are around... they don't help)
Old 02-27-2010, 08:19 PM   #25
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Everytime i work on the car, I'm the only one around... so friends/family never help. (even if they are around... they don't help)

Simple fix. Move here to Kansas. Not only will we fix it, but we will boost it in the process.

Old 02-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #26
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
haha. you get a good chiro school out there AND stop tornadoes and you got yourself a deal.
Old 02-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I can teach you chiro.....oh wait.....that's where you FIX people's spine problems. NM....

and tornadoes run away in fear, but I can't teach you that one LOL

Old 02-27-2010, 09:23 PM   #28
cherrington17
Gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
I can teach you chiro.....oh wait.....that's where you FIX people's spine problems. NM....

and tornadoes run away in fear, but I can't teach you that one LOL

i suppose if you taught me your spinal reconfiguring techniques, and I didn't have the upper body strength of 4 angry yetis... it might qualify as chiropractic, in Kansas...
Old 02-27-2010, 09:25 PM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

There's a school in Kansas City MO. That's 2-2.5 hours from here.

Old 02-27-2010, 09:26 PM   #30
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

besides. I think your priorities are out of whack. You want to learn to make stupid money, or do you want to boost your Alero? LOL

Old 02-27-2010, 09:32 PM   #31
cherrington17
Gone

i want to learn to make stupid money, so i can pay you to boost the alero. win for everyone.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:51 PM   #32
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Im having the same issue getting them off.
I could only get on the driver side hub, the one closest to the engine bay.
I couldnt even get a socket and rachet on the top one, and the one closest to the door just keept slipping off.