Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-06-2010, 09:42 PM   #21
AtomicX
GL Member

AtomicX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to AtomicX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackJack View Post
yeah, here it is. Sorry the trunk is open, but it's offset to the passenger side. You should be able to see the "Moroso" label in red on the bumper.

What stops teenage kids from switching the switch on and off?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:48 PM   #22
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing.

It's happened a grand total of twice in the several years I've had it installed, and that was at store parking lots. It doesn't do anything bad to my car but reset the fuel trims. I find out when I use the key fob and the doors don't unlock, then I simply go around back and switch it back on. No harm done.

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:07 PM   #23
AtomicX
GL Member

Quote:
Nothing.

It's happened a grand total of twice in the several years I've had it installed, and that was at store parking lots. It doesn't do anything bad to my car but reset the fuel trims. I find out when I use the key fob and the doors don't unlock, then I simply go around back and switch it back on. No harm done.

And resets your clock -_-
Old 05-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #24
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, but negligible impact. I knew that when I put it on, and decided before hand that it would be an acceptable occurrance.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 PM   #25
AtomicX
GL Member

Quote:
yeah, but negligible impact. I knew that when I put it on, and decided before hand that it would be an acceptable occurrance.

I was thinking about putting a spacer on my back licenses plate and hide the switch behind the plate, and when I'm at the track to simply just take off my plate.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:48 PM   #26
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

Not a bad idea.

That way it wouldn't have permanent cosmetic damage.

Or you could do what I was considering, which was to put both battery terminals on the same pole of the switch when you're daily driving so the switch has no effect, then switch one terminal to the opposite pole when you go to the track.

Old 05-06-2010, 10:58 PM   #27
jabartram
AutoCross Alero

jabartram is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jabartram Send a message via Yahoo to jabartram
or just remove the screw that holds the handle onto the switch, thats what i did on my mustang. there was just a small post sticking up.
jabartram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #28
AtomicX
GL Member

Quote:
Not a bad idea.

That way it wouldn't have permanent cosmetic damage.

Or you could do what I was considering, which was to put both battery terminals on the same pole of the switch when you're daily driving so the switch has no effect, then switch one terminal to the opposite pole when you go to the track.

It would have permanent cosmetic damage since I would need to drill into the car behind the plate, you just wouldn't see it with the plate on.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:08 AM   #29
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

I wouldn't really call that cosmetic damage if you can't see it in it's normal state (license plate on).

Old 05-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #30
AtomicX
GL Member

So blackjack, did you run a ground wire from the front to the rear?

So I just tried something, I started the car, then disconnected the grounds, but the car still ran?

Last edited by AtomicX : 05-07-2010 at 04:29 PM.
AtomicX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 07:52 PM   #31
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

then you didn't disconnect all the grounds. The ignition and computer can't run without a complete circuit. You're grounding somewhere else that you aren't aware of.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #32
Monza
GX Member

Monza is on a distinguished road
The alternator is physically grounded directly to the engine. Some cars will run with the battery disconnected. Others stop running or burn up expensive electronics right away.

I'm not testing mine to find out.
Monza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #33
AtomicX
GL Member

Finally figured out how to do it using the positive,

I have split the positive so one side goes to each pole, and then disconnected the alternator power wire, and ran a new wire going from the alternator to the pole on the switch on the side that the battery is on.

Works great.