Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 02-02-2004, 07:09 PM   #1
mattmm1697
GX Member

mattmm1697 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to mattmm1697
im removing verts to paint i got the top to small vents out and the vent on the left side where the fog light button is out but i can't figure out how to get the 2 middle vents out or the vent on the right side could someone please explain to me how to get them out thank you
Front and Rear Strutbars
Custom Black Headlights
Custom Rear Painted Taillights
Infinity 4x6 and 6x9s
mattmm1697 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2004, 07:34 PM   #2
3.4Alero

There used to be a how to for this. I never did it, but I seem to remember that you just need to carefully pry them out, the same way as the others. Be patient and try not to break them.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:49 AM   #3
boarder211

Actually, to get out the middle vent, what you have to do is pull out your stereo. When you've got it out, if you reach up towards the middle vent, you'll feel two metal clips. Push them up, and the middle vent will pop out. That's the only way to get it out. Prying it out won't work becaues the two metal clips will catch. To remove the passenger's side vent, you gotta go up through the glove compartment, because it's got the same clips on it. I'll attach some pics in a couple of seconds..
Old 02-03-2004, 10:56 AM   #4
boarder211

Here's the passenger's vent. Note the clips that are sticking up... they're what will catch on the plastic, preventing you from prying them out.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #5
boarder211

Another passenger vent shot
Old 02-03-2004, 10:58 AM   #6
boarder211

Finally the center vent
Old 02-03-2004, 01:25 PM   #7
AleroSS

Thanks for those pics scott, now Im not as worried about bunnyin it up - good work :thumbsup:
Old 02-03-2004, 05:50 PM   #8
ghostplay

Berry Informative and comprehensive boarder, that's an excellent HOW-TO reply, gj!! :thumbsup:
Old 02-03-2004, 07:40 PM   #9
boarder211

No worries guys... I figured that out when I went to the autowreckers last summer... and wrecked a set of them... :rolleyes:

But now I had those extra ones sitting in a drawer, and thought that I could use them to show you what you'd be looking for...

It's about the first time here that I've actually known something productive! Yaay!
Old 02-06-2004, 09:11 PM   #10
alerospeed2003

hey....would you sell those extra ones????
Old 02-06-2004, 09:14 PM   #11
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
What about the driver's side vent?

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2004, 01:49 AM   #12
wy3134

I am almost done getting the trim pieces painted, hopefully I can come across a digital camera to post some pics soon. Took an hour this afternoon to get that dang passenger side vent out because of those clips. Unfortunately I need to replace the dash panel because some jackass at Auto Zone, which I do not shop at anymore, told me a certain brand of silicon would work fine for putting neon lights on my dash, but instead it was a bitch and bunnyed up my dash. Luckily I have already found a replacement, just a matter of finding enough time to make the time consuming swap.
Old 02-07-2004, 11:11 PM   #13
boarder211

As for the extras... sorry. I'm going to keep them. Got them at a local autowreckers along with a couple of other things for like $50.

As for removing the driver's side vent, just give it a good tug. It'll come right out. Then remove the wires which connect the dimmer switch. And the fogs switch (if you've got factory fogs... though I put my A/M's in there... ) Then remove the rest of the way and you're done!
Old 02-07-2004, 11:27 PM   #14
dopey

the center vent along with the passenger vent are a biznitch to get out. take ur time. u will get frustrated.....
Old 02-22-2004, 08:31 PM   #15
Purple&Black

Something to note about the passenger vent...

After you take the glovebox out, provided that you don't have an extraordinarily-sized cranium, you can probably get enough of your head into the glovebox hole to see the clips. Slide two screwdrivers right under the clips (very easy if you can see what you're doing) and then the bottom of the vent will pop right out.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:40 PM   #16
99Olds

What about redogs ? about the drivers side with the fogs. Is there a special way to get those out also?
Old 02-24-2004, 11:05 PM   #17
Purple&Black

The driver's side vent was the easiest for me. I just got hold of the bottom and gave a good tug. If you pop out the coin holder underneath it, you should be able to reach up and push it out from behind. Or...if you remove the driver's side fuse panel cover, then you can probably stick a screwdriver in there to push up the metal clip just like on the other two vents...